ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Problem?

Can any one help? every time i start my 172 ph2 sport, the computer resets its self and all the dash readings go back to "0" every time? any ideas? thanks Andy

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Does the same happen with the radio?? Mines staying on even though I've taken the key out of the ignition??

PH1 172
Does the same happen with the radio?? Mines staying on even though I've taken the key out of the ignition??

Not that I am aware off mate.......have you taken the radio out recently e.g. disconnected the wires at the back? If so double check you haven't put swapped the permanent live and ignition live around when re-fitting.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I haven't taken it out but I don't know if the previous owner had an aftermarket headunit, I've only had the car a few days.

Do you think if I swap the permanent live and ignition live over in the ISO it'll fix the issue? I did it on my old car for my aftermarket headunit.

Do you know what colours the wires are?

I take it the release keys for the standard headunit are the normal U bend pieces of metal?

Sorry for the hijack.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Battery is your problem with resetting of your trip computer. battery will test ok tho if you test it mine did. It will also start ok but it does cause the resetting.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
So was mine mate, but it doesn't hold enough charge when you start it to keep the dash readings.

A battery change will sort it.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
I haven't taken it out but I don't know if the previous owner had an aftermarket headunit, I've only had the car a few days.

Do you think if I swap the permanent live and ignition live over in the ISO it'll fix the issue? I did it on my old car for my aftermarket headunit.

Do you know what colours the wires are?

I take it the release keys for the standard headunit are the normal U bend pieces of metal?

Sorry for the hijack.

Permenant live and ignition live are red and yellow. swap em round so their both half red half yellow as u already know. Jobe Done