ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash removal

M135i, 118 coupe
Swapping the dash over for a flocked one.Ive seen the guide for the ph1 top dash removal, anyone hep with the lower part.

Friend of a friend is doing it for me, telling me its a massive job be helpful if i had a bit of a guide because been a Renault everyting probably just pulls off.

Any help appriciated.

:)

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I took my dash off last week. Came stuck a few times but managed to solve my own problems.

You need to take your steering wheel off and the stalks to get the bottom dash off.

The key barrel also blocks one screw so you will need to free up the steering column a bit to move it.

Cant think of much else? Just remember to disconnect your battery when removing air bags and to unclip wires before yanking at bits of plastic because I snapped one doing that LOL

Jap Box
Theres two screws either side towards the bottom, with covers over them, another 2/3 behind steering wheel that clamp it onto the metal frame. Can't really remember about the others but it will seem like its stuck on in the middle when you go to remove it, thats because the heater vents are glued on I think,just tug at the middle and the sponge layer will separate from the bottom dash, shouldnt rip the sponge (I did a messy job of mine with force and the sponge was fine)

Think thats about it really, did mine few weeks back though and I didn't really pay much attention when I was doing it.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
I wonder how many screws you will have left over when you put it back together, I had a few when I was working on an old corsa a couple years ago,lol!