ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard Clock Display Replacement

JRK

Cliosport 182
I'd like to replace the clock/radio/temp display at the top of my central dash console. Is this difficult and can it be done without removing the whole dashboard?

There seems to be a section of trim around the display and upper central vent outlets that looks like it would come off if I knew where to release it safely. Presumably from there on it's just about uncoupling/recoupling contacts and popping the display block out??

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.2 clio/clio sport
The whole dash has to come out it is held in with about 9/10 screws, there is 3 in the vents near the windows, then under the plastic strip that says airbag there is 3 more and under the strip on the drivers side, then under the cover on top over the stering wheel collum there is 2 more the dash has then got to be pulled forward and it just lifts out.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Once you get the dash off (easyish to do) changing the display is simple. Just make sure you get the right one. My 05 182 had a different Clock, which meant dash on and off 4 times!! Grr.

RS2'd Trophy
Easy job! 5torx bolts and two plastic clips takes the dash top off, then I think it's just clipped on? Two plugs off and away you go!

I have a spare one of these if your looking ;)

JRK

Cliosport 182
Thanx for your help so far guys. Unfortunately still having difficulty.

Have removed three screws from within windscreen vents, three from behind passenger side "airbag" strip, two from behind steering column cover, one from behind driver's side silver strip and one plug each side where the door meets the dash near the hinge. Have then prised the dash in several places and it's popped up a bit but is still very stuck around the passenger airbag and seems trapped at the bottom of where the vertical strips goes up the side of the windscreen.

Am I still going in the right direction? Any suggestions as to where and in which direction to pull next? I'm not going to set off the airbag am I?

Thanks for your help so far.
Jim