ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dastek Unichip

oh well guess we are uneducated to the ways of accurate power measurement either that or they are pulling the wool over our eyes ;)

I would think that an absolute measurement of power is less important than knowing by how much you have improved on whatever you had before you modified the car. Im interested in a before-and-after comparison to know to what extent my mods are effective, but less interested in an absolute power measurement which as you say correctly depends on many other factors. I guess it boils down to why you are RRing your car: to check if youre progressing with your mods or to compare it to other cars. In my case, the former applies.

if we are honest its probably a waste of time as you cant be sure the only variables are just the new mods, as like paddy says the tyre pressure and tread will have effect plus ambient temp will make a surprising difference so to me there are too many things that can effect readings from RR to RR

320d M Sport

if i modded the car id got back to see the difference though. They said a Unichip would not affect power at all, just smooth the power out, thats it.

I appreciate that and am not doubting what they said but all I can say is they did a test before and after and it had improved, a lot! I cant physically test the car myself so its a tough one to call.

no I havent and its a bit late now as dont exactly know where the Unichip is to remove it nad wouldnt want to cost of setting it back up! Still, theres always the Pod in the summer and I can see if I get some good times up there?

Im planning to have K-tec cat back in a week, BMC CDA in 2 weeks, unichip end May. Id be happy to report on before/after . I will have the car RRed with k-tec+BMC and then RRed the same day again after unichip. Further suggestions on best way to compare etc. would be very welcome.

Hi Sangy,

I have further modifications in mind and I like the flexibility of the Unichip including the fact it can manage larger injectors or up to four injectors. You can just remove the Unichip and return the car to normal. You can also move it to another car.

Ive also heard a lot of good things about Owen Developments, and your earlier post re the work they did for you seemed to confirm that.

yeah, they checked it after it had been fitted as I had a few probs and did some good work. I went for it as it seemed the best of what was on offer and as you put it is is flexible for future modifications of which a few more im planning.

And thanks Fred, Ill definitely be interested in that as its meant to be a good place, set up mainly for 4WD but then everyone will be in the same boat so should be ok.