ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daz's washer jets now fitted...

Da

Less
No mate, the washers on 172/182's are UCH controlled, so that's a no-go. Mine simply wash when I wash my front screen. Although I'm thinking of adding a second pump at a later date which should enable me to make them work only when headlights are on. But i'll never achieve the 5 second delay that you sport users enjoy :dapprove:

not on my Ph1 they dont need them as the flies n crap simply slide off due to the extra speed the Ph1 carries over the Ph2........

**Runs and runs for cover**

Golf GTI 1.8T
never seen these at work, how can they actually clean the lense by just spraying water on them? :S

Cooper S
M1TCH said:
never seen these at work, how can they actually clean the lense by just spraying water on them? :S

T%hats just it, they don't!
But Xenons have to have them on for some reason, in case a bit of dust blinds other drivers!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
i cant understand how you have to wash jets when you could quite easily get a reflection off the water too? looks good though

Da

Less
JPEX-CLIO said:
nice mod. fit them on mine will ya :)

no probs mate, PM me ;) Cheers for the nice comments guys, as for why you have to have them...i've no idea lol! But i think it's a nice simple mod, subtle but effective :cool:

ST
Smart mate...

Tho i try to avoid using the washers period as it puts dirty water mark down the side of the car ffs!

C

Cupster

Looks better without, but by law xenons are supposed to have wash units and auto levelling.

Looks good.

I try not to use mine either, but for a proper reason ;) (by not holding down the windscreen water button more than a few secs) as I'm worried about the bloody balls popping out / leaking.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Nice job, look factory fit :) but expect to replace them every year lol

Would like mine removed and smoothed personally.

Da

Less
Mattsclio! said:
nice one mate?were they hard to fit?
No mate not hard at all. Took me an hour including all pipework drilling bumper etc..etc... My next idea is to add a separate washer bottle just for the headlights with a 5 second timer supplied from the headlights so they work as they should ;)

Hey Daz,

From where did you buy the washers?? Tried lookin on ebay for a pair but all with these funny chrome look and different colours to make them worse!!!

Looks good! Well done mate!

Brock

Da

Less
Hi Brock, they're direct from Renault, they hardly ever come up on eBay believe me! They're around £7 quid each brand new, but don't come with locknuts for the fixings so you'll have to source them also... M14 x 1.5mm thread is what i found worked. I can supply part numbers for the washers if you like mate, i'll dig them out if you get back to me.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Ally said:
Looks good.

I try not to use mine either, but for a proper reason ;) (by not holding down the windscreen water button more than a few secs) as I'm worried about the bloody balls popping out / leaking.

Me too, i've already had two replaced:S

Black Gold Trophy
lol I think I may be the only one to remove these off my car, as the blanks look better and the washers dont seem to work anyway!

Clio 172 RS2
Never seen mines work either...

In either case; the rules for carrying washer with xenons is b.s. if you ask me.

I see chumps blinding me with those 'white' bulbs in their 'Fast and Furious cars'.
As to running 4500K Halogen bulbs to look like xenons or HID's.

b/g 182, meg tourer
they are the most annoying part of my car and i want to remove them and fit the cup blanking plates. all they do is put watermarks on your lovely clean car, use up more water and look poo.

just noticed how old the thread is. lol.