ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dcat with k-tec stealth

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
my mate has just brought a nice ramp for his garage. perfect! so now i can fit a decat and take it off easy when mot time comes around. Just wondered if anyone had any decats with k-tec stealths and what it sounds like?

Cheers my dears

ValverInBits
It will be louder.

Changing 172 decats is always a bit of a b!tch cause the manifold is shorter. The subframe gets right in the way. If he's got a ramp, why not consider a 182 manifold to make things easier come MOT time? I did

ValverInBits
My decat doesent sound all that good (standard zorst) but then can anyone actually play me a video of an 1*2 that sounds really nice? ITBs not allowed!
F7Rs sounded nicer.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
how and how easy was it to change the mani over mate? can anyone post a vid of the pairing?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
thats what i thought. i dont no if the decat sound is to my taste either really. just wanted to see how it would sound and maybe consider it. i do like the sound of the k-tec system as it is now i spose

172 cup
Apparently a ktec stealth with decat is ridiculously loud. I asked the same question a while back as I was thinking about doing it and quite a few people said the same.

My decat doesent sound all that good (standard zorst) but then can anyone actually play me a video of an 1*2 that sounds really nice? ITBs not allowed!
F7Rs sounded nicer.
th_018-1.jpg

??

Ph1
Apparently a ktec stealth with decat is ridiculously loud. I asked the same question a while back as I was thinking about doing it and quite a few people said the same.

Mmmm not sure you'll get many agreeing with you there?. Their pretty quiet from what iv heard tbh, probably one of the most quietest 2.5 systems on the market maybe?

If folk want to reduce noice fit a silenced decat. All the advantages but kills some of the noise.

*If your mate has a ramp then your half way their where fitting a 182 mainfold is concerned!