ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci 80 V dci 100 Tax Category?

Clio Dci 86
Not sure which car to buy...want max fun for my bucks....I understand there are some hardware differences between the 100 and the 80...but can anyone tell me is the road tax higher due to emmissions in the 100?....also what insurance group is it in?

£35 a year for the 1.5 's of all versions.

Gearbox in the 100 I don't like the 80 is more fun IMO.

officals a 5E for the 100 4E for the 65 and 80 models but insurance grouping means nothing these days you need to do a check see what extra or less they'll charge you. You can have higher insurance group cars cheaper to insure.

Clio Dci 86
Can anyone with a dci 1.5 100 confirm that they actually pay £35 a year road tax and no more?

Clio Dci 86
Thanks Joshydee! have read some reviews which put the CO2 Emissions figure over 120 for the 100 dci which means it will be in the next bracket of payment...as long as its 120 or less I will def' start looking for a decent one to buy!

Thanks Joshydee! have read some reviews which put the CO2 Emissions figure over 120 for the 100 dci which means it will be in the next bracket of payment...as long as its 120 or less I will def' start looking for a decent one to buy!

Nope 113 it is.

Clio Dci 86
Actually the yearly rate for the dci 100 is no longer £35 it is £50...just seen why...bloody budget!

Thats links out of date

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

£35 from 22nd March 2007 you can if you want trade in your road fund and you'll get refunded for every full money you've got left at the old rate of £4.16 per month and take out a new one at £35 if you've got say 8 month and 5 days left then trade it in and you'll get 8 month back ie £33.33. then take out a new policy at £35 ie you'll have paid £1.66 for an extra 4 month cover.

You need to send your tax form off though to get your money back its not instant though you have to send form V14 off to the DVLA (availiable at the post office).

Clio Dci 86
Brilliant...at last I get it...guess I was just unlucky doing it in early March at the old higher rate...thanks for the clarification edde.

CB600FS
Chances are you'll struggle to find a decent 100bhp DCI, not rare as such just not many about, and as Edde mentioned unless your a mile muncher you'll probably prefer an 80