ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci fuel related issue

diesel
Hi. I've had my dci for about 3 years and it was £500. Abit of a dog but it's been a good runner

Last winter the glow plug light came on the dash and it turned over for ages before starting eventually.

Replaced 4 plugs and it made no difference

Code stored was

DF137 - Rail pressure regulation function, low flow current above maximum

This cleared and the car started fine for about a week then the light come back on and I just left it like that for about a year because the winter was over.

It appears that when this code comes on it stops the glow plugs heating up. As soon as its cleared they work spot on

Anyway I've cleared the code again tonight which was the same one as last year. Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I take it the glow plug light is staying on all the time? It doubles as an 'electrical fault warning light' which is probably the most useless thing ever as it could be nearly anything in the car. Always takes forever to start when that happens. My old dci used to do it too.

Going by that code you could try and replaced the fuel pressure sensor, but I'd get it on proper Renault diagnostics with someone who knows what they're doing (Mick, as above, is a good bet if you're nearby), otherwise it can be an endless circle of replacing parts that were never broken. Been there and done it. I wrote the car off before I managed to find the problem and fix it lol.

diesel
To be honest I'm not pilling money into this car. It starts every morning touch wood but just takes a while.

Was hoping for a point in the right direction if it's going to be a cheep fix. If not it'll stay how it is. Thanks

Do a leak off test on the injectors, I found that 1 of my injectors had failed, basically the failing/failed injectors leak too much fuel back meaning that the fuel pressure doesn't build high enough, just got that one reconditioned as the others were fine and it fires right up.

Clio 172
Leak off test on the injectors and check the crank pressure and running pressure on a scanner ideally. Peugeot DV6 engines come up with similar problems and from experience through winter months and is 9 times out of 10 a clogged fuel filter as diesel fuel congeals. This can intern damage the injectors.