ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci no boost and holding back after 2k.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Got a small problem. The dci has just not long had a engjne rebuild, all fine but I have no boost and it holds back after 2k rpm.

no clouds of smoke, and I can't hear the turbo spooling up.

All pipes secure , both little feed pipes to turbo wastegate actuator and map sensor are on.
Map sensor plugged in , egr unplugged ( always has been and has never done this )

help :(

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Haven't had the cat or the inlet pipe off to see. It was boosting before the engine came out.
Can here the turbo through the exhaust on idle but that's about it

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Alex yes I did , both sides ( hot side and cold ) no excessive oil or play.
This hybrid was only rebuilt 3k ago and was perfect up until te engine had to come out.

ant, the body and egr are still on the car , just the loom unplugged from it, which don't bring the EML light on for some odd reason.
I've ran it a year like that.

got the OH to blip the throttle , it's blue ish smoke , but I'm putting that down to the rings not fully bedded in yet.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's surprising with the egr not doing that. They usually hate the egr unplugged it being fucked and do exactly what your experiencing...

Many.
Isnt your EGR blanked?

Mines blanked, and then unplugged (so shuttle and actual valve are still there), EML is on but has no running issues.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah, the feed pipe for it is blocked off.
I'll try plugging it in, got a feeling it'll throw a massive fit.

had the inlet off, turbos fine and spinning.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Intercooler is fine, that's near new and I've pressure tested it.

Chip - actuator is still set to stock setting , haven't adjusted it

just tried plugging the egr in.... It will not start with it plugged in lol. Unplug it and it starts

master,meg, 205 maxi
1) quite comon for the egr valves to fail internally if you have a clip laptop pluged in you would see the sensor supply voltage disappear when the egr plug is connected(internal short )that in turn stops the ecu seeing the fuel pressure so non start
2) for loss of power over 2k rpm check the vac pipe from waste gate actuator up to the solinoid then to the brake vac pump make sure with engine running there is a vacuum and the pipes are correct way round

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
sorted it, swapped turbo's with my old spare unit, boost is back with the EGR still disconnected.

the hybrid i had built.... the turbine only just rotates, with allot of force. im suspecting the bearings have started to seize up.
back off to the guy that rebuilt it!

question is why has it only just done this? oil not got upto the head feed to the turbo quick enough , after a full engine rebuild. i did unplug the injectors and crank it over a few times to get oil pressure.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
most probs. lucky enough everything else is nice and clean, with no wear marks on from low pressure feed.

double checked oil is defiantly getting to the turbo feed, as i got my bro to start it whilst i had the banjo bolt slightly off.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
TDIturbo's off TDOCUK forum.

Think it might if been my stupidity that killed it , thankfully it hasn't destroyed the turbin fins. Bearings look f**ked and heat blued.
Meed to get it sorted ASAP as my spare has a leak into the hot side , so it's a little smokey

its spools on idle from the exhaust pressure obv to tight to keep going . Yes dan you was bang on the money ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The K9K units function on volume rather than oil pressure. I believe you need 300ml of oil from the return in 60secs of idle.

Has the oil feed been changed? Done a few lately that I'm writing a report for the website on it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Did you prime it properly and just leave it idling for a good while or just you just go out and nail it like a man?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
filled the turbo with oil before fitting the feed pipe, then fitted the feed pipe, torqued down the banjo bolt.
cranked the engine over without the injectors plugged in for 20secs or so. reconnected injectors and then started it, left it running upto temp.

im not ragging it lol

tis all sorted now, had to have m hybrid rebuilt again. bearings had expanded from lack of lube, thus looking it solid to the surfaces inside the housing.

Last edited: