ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi no heat

Hey,

I've just bought a 02 DCi and the fans are blowing fine theres just no heat coming out of it what so ever.

It hasnt been started in over 2 weeks and there is plenty of water and coolant in it.

Do they take a long time to heat up?

I've had it running for about 20mins now and its only starting to rise on the temp gauge.

Any suggestions?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
By 20 mins running, do you mean idling from cold in <10degC ambient, or driving...?

OH's dCi100 takes a lightyear to warm up. Coolant flush and new thermostat if it were mine I think...

Drive it harder ;)

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
It's the Climate Control Resistor, common problem. You can either fix it yourself by following this guide by clicking HERE
Send it to get reconditioned or buy a new one.

Hope this helps!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Which is why Thermoplungers were deployed but even still... takes way too long to get warm air from a tractor engine.

Which is why Thermoplungers were deployed but even still... takes way too long to get warm air from a tractor engine.

Thats efficiency for you. Check the thermo plugs are working though or go for a short drive see if it gets better. The Coras diesel Ive got now never gets warm but it never gets driven realy.