ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci starting problems

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
every now and agiain my dci wont start , the glow plu light comes on and goes back of again but the car wont turn over .

i have read that if the battery is to flat it wont disable the imobiliser ..... but then if the imob was still on then the glow plugs shouldnt heat up ??

so not sure whether its the starter motor solenoid , or contacts along somewere or some kinda fuse etc any one got any idea's

it always turns over no problem to i highly doubt its the starter motor itself thats the issue .

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i think its just a electrical fault it does it every now and again but always sorts itself out , could even be a poor earth somewere

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
I had same problem took it to renault dealer who then changed the PAS/CL Relay for £15 and it fixed the problem