ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi Starting Problems

This is on my daily megane 1.9DCi

The car has always been a lazy started since i got it over a year ago and on a couple of ocasions the engine has turned over really slow then not at all leaving it 5 minutes and it was back to normal. Today after work the car turned over really slowly then when i tried again i was getting a click from the cellanoid a few times then nothing so i had to bump start it to get home

Sounds like a flat batter but the battery is showing good voltage on the tester and everything electrical works fine even the stereo has not lost its code, I did intend to try smacking the starter but i cant find it :eek: What are the first things to try immobiliser is de-arming?

Cheers in advance

Checked relays, Battery terminals and fuses. Convinced its not Battery, As its always been a crap starter by turning over slowly before firing i'm hoping its a dodgy earth or live wire to the starter, Don't fancy changing starter looks a nightmare job :(

Whacked the starter with a bar and now the celunoid is clicking but starter is doing nothing so im presuming thats the problem looks a nightmare to change though !