ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Tuning

Hi all, i am thinking about setting up a forum for the DCI, would anyone be intrested in becoming mderators or helping setup? will be linked to clio sport forum obviosly.

thanks

DCITUNING.CO.UK

Just wondering this because the closure of the old DCI Forum has made us loose people on here as they was kind of linked, so i will be intrested in creating a new dci tuning forum, using simualer software as this forum uses

But to do all this i will need some forum moderators to be creating threads and things to get it started, but i will do all the server work using FTP Software, and i will install the forum if everone agree's.

This will cost us around £8 - monthly, but if we get a few people intreseted, this will not be a problem

Thanks
Shanehunt2000 - Clio DCI 65 BHP

185lb/ft dCi
I'd be very happy to help mate, IT literate too so if you need a hand with anything, ask :cool: lets get this show on the road!!

also id recommend having a .com or .net so that people from other countries will join rather than just all the uk kids. 'conneh' on here might be able to do a good deal with that.

Last edited:
  185lb/ft dCi
alright mate im sure martin_172 wouldn't mind doing some moderating, he should be a long soon enough. We will be able to get edde back on the scene to if the forum goes ahead as he hates coming on here because of how the place is ran.

by the way, are you new to the scene? or were you on dcioffice?

185lb/ft dCi
ah ok bud, have to get in contact with conneh then see if he can provide us with a .com domain, i already have hosting with him but thats just a subdomain of eleven20.co.uk, its not bad hosting and it can provide everything we will need.

welcome by the way :approve:

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I'm in :D

I'll email manji, AV and Magnastik, as they were mods on the old dcioffice to see if they still got some of the technical docs that were on there.
I'm pretty sure Magnastik will be up for this, i spoke to him not so long ago so i know hes still around on the dci scene

185lb/ft dCi
Looks good, we have some very knowledgeable (sp?) people here and I reckon we could make a good go of this if its done right. Shane tell us what needs doing when you get the chance :)

right all cool :D

what we need is some hosting with FTP Server access for me, and i will install PHPBB Forum software on the server for all us lot to start building, and i will make all the post threads accessable for us to start building, i have quite alot of experiance with forums.

we also need a domain name eg: .com .co.uk

so let me me know if you have any look trying to get these and we can get cracking

thanks all

185lb/ft dCi
right I've sent a pm to conneh asking about a .com to see how much it would be in a package. yeah i am IT literate but I haven't installed a forum before, but saying that I haven't looked, I can't imagine it being that difficult, at least I will learn something from this!

we will get FTP access no worries

185lb/ft dCi
alright lad, quick question, ive put it to conneh but he hasnt got back to me yet.

if i were to buy a .com domain and point it to macetrix.eleven20.co.uk would all the pages be say website.com/file or would it resolve back to macetrix.eleven20.co.uk/file? because there would be no point buying a name and then it only working for the homepage.

any help?

185lb/ft dCi
ive also installed and ran a forum before, wasnt vbul though was phpbb

yeah we will probably have to get phpbb or invision power boards, only ones i can think of that are free and good to work with. dont think we need to pay for vbulletin really

@vincent, don't you worry lad just as long as you share your knowledge with the rest of us

185lb/ft dCi
I've spoke to conneh and he says its all possible to just redirect a .com to my hosts name and all the pages will be displayed with dcisite.com/ rather than macetrix..etc. so now we need to think of a name, suggestions:

cliodci.com
cliodci.net
dcituning.com
dcituning.net

feel free to bring some to the table, we will have to have a vote or something.

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
I can help out and im in IT too if you still need a hand doing anything. cliodci.net sounds the best!

185lb/ft dCi
Right we will wait till tomorrow to see what everyone else thinks, I would say cliodci.net personally too. I have made an ftp account for shane so we can get started on getting a forum up.

Is anybody a dab hand with photoshop that could knock us up a logo?

Also people we need to know section names for the forum, get thinking! :D

the domain name cliodci.net is only about 10 quid for the year so I will pay that off. also my hosting is about 25 quid for the year too but I have that already, i just hope it will cope with the load. I think it will but I may need to up the bandwidth.

right so get back to me with section names and other ideas! :approve:

oh and welcome dirtydog! good to see more dci'ers!

thanks
james

right, nice one lads :d you done a graet job, can you please PM me the details to the FTP Server , and ill let you lot have a vote on the domain name , cliodci.net sounds cool

thanks all

Hi people i will still need FTP settings but i have put together a new site and it does need stuff doing to it but its ccgi.afprental.plus.com and if you can all just register i will sort out the moderators and you can all get cracking, eg making topics ect.

thanks

please bare with me as the new version of phpbb is had to use, going to put a older version on the server and then we will all be able to work it hopefully

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Hi people i will still need FTP settings but i have put together a new site and it does need stuff doing to it but its ccgi.afprental.plus.com and if you can all just register i will sort out the moderators and you can all get cracking, eg making topics ect.

thanks

I've joined, now make me an admin so i can bully other people :clown:

will work on it later just going to wash car lol too many things to take in :D

will someone try get domain please and let me know all the details and ill get cracking :D

hi all, just sorted forum. obviosly a few fixs need doing but i will continue making threads tomorrow and can more people sign up and i need to know who wants to help make catogories

thanks all

185lb/ft dCi
i will sign up in a min mate, ive just ordered the domain name cliodci.net, when i get my login credentials through i will look into forwarding that onto our domain. says i will get the details with 24 hours, hopefully sooner than that!

thanks
james

185lb/ft dCi
Shane I will give you the FTP access once I can verify that this domain is usable, shouldn't be long now.

For the forum I would suggest something like the following for different sections:

dCi general discussion

Lubricants and Fuels

Mechanical upgrades

Remapping/tuning boxes

Faults, Problems & Solutions

dCi Guides

General discussion

what does everyone think?

Last edited:
  185lb/ft dCi
is it up? whats the link?

the name is being approved by higher up DNS servers (root name servers), just takes abit of time to resolve, once its working I can direct it to our site. I will try to get onto it tomorrow although I will be busy.

@Steven, yeah I thought of it after I posted lol I couldnt do 3 posts in a row and it wouldnt let me edit my post for some reason

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Just bought a DCi too so I'm interested:)

Cant help with any of the setting up though because I dont have a baldy

Last edited: