ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Badge PLEASE HELP!!

Clio Ph2 1.2
How do i take out my back renault badge off my mk2 ph2 boot and also my clio badge carefully without it snapping?

Inferno 225 cup
A bank card or fishing wire, as for the Clio badge a small flat head screwdriver and cloth to stop it touching the paint work.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you have no intention of putting it back on then I would suggest this.

autoglym_tar_remover.jpg

I just poured it behind the badge and it eventually dissolved the glue perfectly
and left behind spotless paint.

Clio Ph2 1.2
If you have no intention of putting it back on then I would suggest this.

autoglym_tar_remover.jpg

I just poured it behind the badge and it eventually dissolved the glue perfectly
and left behind spotless paint.

Im wanting to spray them a black and put them back on if possible

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
In that case i'd suggest buying another 'Renault' badge and spraying that.

For the rear diamond you have to removed the whole thing as the diamond's bonded on.

Open the boot unscrew the plastic cover, then undo the 3 bolts holding it on and it just pulls off.

Inferno 225 cup
Open boot, take plastic off romove three nuts, A little bit of tugging and wiggling then wallah :)

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It pretty easy tbh, I did mine with zero knowledge of how to remove it or spray it.

Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself, I even colour coded the boot lock button.

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
No you have to remove that separately but it's a piece of piss,
unplug a connector or two, couple of bolts to undo and that's it.

The hardest bit is holding the button down to slide the mechanism out.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Does the Clio badge not have two pins which go into boot? Removed the Renault sport badge on boot today but was put off with Clio one as I'm sure I've seen it before after its been done with two holes in boot?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah that's poop. I will just leave that on then.

Looks good without the big Renault sport badge anyway.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's effort though isn't it. It would cost too. Removing the other side was free ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good idea. Does the 200 one fit over both holes?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Does the Clio badge not have two pins which go into boot? Removed the Renault sport badge on boot today but was put off with Clio one as I'm sure I've seen it before after its been done with two holes in boot?

Yes there are 2 holes buddy :-(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm just going to leave it with just the Clio badge for now. Think it looks alright as it is without the huge old Renault sport badge

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I am tempted. I will leave it blank for now. Your cup looks great in that picture

LOL I botched removing my Clio badge. When I took it out I pulled out the black hole filling things it clips in to then got some plastic off a packet from halfrauds it was that flimsy plastic on one of those sealed packets you need scissors to cut open. Anywho took out the boot lid lining wiggled the plastic in there with masking tape then wacked loads of filler in the holes lmao!

Held up for about a year then died. Pfff.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm just not keen on the idea of having two holes on show. So I'll leave the Clio badge on it. It looks alright. It is a shame the badge has pins in it though :(

That's why I fillered it mate then sprayed it (sprayed like a yobbo, looked w**k).

218805_10150217347937658_5809418_o.jpg

218212_10150217349047658_1663549_o.jpg

209902_10150217350292658_6215702_o.jpg

220032_10150236558077658_2061354_o.jpg

Absolute F up of a job and left a layer of paint over my paint so there was a line across the top of the sprayed areas also when I peeled back the masking tape it flopped onto the left hand side and left that grey mark ;) awesome. Back when I was a t**t and knew nothing about painting.