ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-badging 172 - difficult

Is it difficult to remove Renault / Clio / Sport from the boot of a 172 without breaking the badges?

My car is going in to the garage on Wed to have the boot sprayed, I know that the Sport badge is about £20 by itself. Will I need to replace all the badges or can they be removed without breaking?

The Renault and Sport badge will peel off if you use a hairdryer and are gentle with a knife. The Clio badge will leave two holes. You can remove them all without breaking them though.

-Rob

DONT USE A KNIFE,itll scratch ur paint! use some thin string or thick thread and just gradually cut away the sticky stuff behind the badge by pullin it up and down while feedin it behind the badge from 1 side 2 another, then use the hairdryer to sofen the glue stuff and roll it off with the ball of ur thumb.ive done this like 5 times or somethin.