ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

de-cat and telling insurers

About to put a de-cat on my valver.

If i told my insurers would they get peeved at me or thank me for letting them know.

Im with adrian flux. A fairly leniant company when it comes to mods i think.

cheers

ant

yep.
a cat isn't a legal requirement unless you need one to meet the emissions laws.

how many would pass without one is another matter!

i think arian flux wont insure a decat. Depends what they list it as, mine was listed as a non standard manifold/exhaust

hmmm, what if i convince them that it won't increase my bhp, just improve response etc..

even tesco didn't mind that on my old car i put an induction kit and backbox on it.

You can't get insured with a de-cat as you're then driving an illegal car. They must be fitted if the car was registered after april 1992.

I got my mum to ask them about it on her car (didn't want to arouse suspicion by asking them about it on my valver) and they said they would not insure her.

Matt

clowo16v said:
You can't get insured with a de-cat as you're then driving an illegal car. They must be fitted if the car was registered after april 1992.

I got my mum to ask them about it on her car (didn't want to arouse suspicion by asking them about it on my valver) and they said they would not insure her.

Matt

your actually wrong a car doesnt have to have a cat fitted at all but it had to be manufactured with one after 92 thats a big difference. if decatted it still has to pass the emmission tests tho and it most prob wont

ph1 172
why do you need to tell them that you have removed the cat? just tell them that you have a completely differerent exhaust system. if they ask about the cat then you have to tell them but if they dont why not include as your exhaust modification

i listed mine as a new exhaust well it is part of the exhaust :) but that was back in the day im all sensible now in my ka :p

i don't wanna pay anymore money. and if they think i've got a whole new zorst system on they may want more cash.

don't adrian flux give you a 3 or 4 bhp bracket to stay within. i.e. you can mod for free unless you add more than 4bhp to the car. or is that a myth?
sod it, hopefully il get a woman on the other end of the phone and il try and il try flirt her into not charging me.