ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat Driving Differences

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Had a search not realy found what im looking for.

Basicly whats the differences in driving with a de-cat fitted on a 182.

for example is it more responsive at low revs, does it use more fuel, ext... stuff like that.

Hope you can help thanks

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
In general, better response, improved fuel consumption on normal driving, improved lower torque & upper Rpm power

Just makes the car nicer to drive daily, There are better gains on the 172 than the 182 but over all both see benefits

James

ur megane r26
In general, better response, improved fuel consumption on normal driving, improved lower torque & upper Rpm power

Just makes the car nicer to drive daily, There are better gains on the 172 than the 182 but over all both see benefits

James

Agreed, definately makes general driving nicer

C

Cupster

James

Yup, recently put my cat back on, instantly notice the difference. Pants!

clio 172 phs 2
would a decate sounds pants on a standard 172 exhaust system? or wont u be able to tell?

None :(
Brilliant thread! I just fitted the cat back RS197 exhaust system, sounds great, feels better too. And i was wondering the exact same!

So think once MOT is done, de-cat here we come!

Thanks for your opinions!

Mental 172 Cup
greater lower down torque! less noticable 5k kick smoother power delivery! am i right in thinking that the improved fuel consumption comes after you have had it remapped?? if not then i have something wrong haha!

SQ5
greater lower down torque! less noticable 5k kick smoother power delivery! am i right in thinking that the improved fuel consumption comes after you have had it remapped?? if not then i have something wrong haha!

Mines not been mapped for it yet and its vastly improved!

Mental 172 Cup
my fuel consumption went from 30mpg down to 26mpg but i dunno if thats cus im holding the gears more because its more noisy :) eeeeek! got 36mpg on a run doing 80mph

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Enjoyed mine, but wasn't willing to take the risk with insurance, so it came off. Regardless of the benefits, the insurance issues make it a no-no for me.

B

Ben^

Enjoyed mine, but wasn't willing to take the risk with insurance, so it came off. Regardless of the benefits, the insurance issues make it a no-no for me.

Exactly my thought, insurance is void as the car is not classed as road legal.

SQ5
  None :(
Surely if your car has valid MOT then it is road legal?

As far as im aware, cars with M.O.T + de-cat, either know a M.O.T tester who put's his emmisions tester on another car, or they take the de-cat off for the M.O.T and then back on after. (this is what my mate does in his supra)

But i wasn't aware until reading this last night, that it void the insurance, (suppose if i thought about it more instead of getting excited about the good responses i may of realised).

I'm now not sure what to do, think ill play with air filters etc, see how it improves the sound, and go from there.