ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat performance

I may get round to fitting my de-cat in the next week, can anyone tell me if after having a decat fitted - did they notice any kind of performance increase? Ive got a 2.0ltr williams lump fitted and i hear that the williams responds well to breather mods - not sure how true this is?

Im also fitting a K&N air filter (to replace the standard OEM one using the enclosed standard air box. Do you think ill see any gains when ive fitted these both?

Cheers

the decat you will notice the most mate. the car will seem more eager to rev as it will be less restricted. itll certainly free up a few horses as well.

My valver had a very nice noticable difference when I fitted my de-cat.

Peak power and torque were only up around 1bhp and 1lb/ft but both were peaking 300rpm earlier. Mid range gains therefore showed gains of upto 5bhp and 5lb/ft.

Does it make your exhaust sound any louder also? I was just thinking that the CAT may also cut out some of the noise.

ive got a silnced on mine and its not really any louder, pretty much the same as a cat to be fair. the un-silenced ones however are a bit louder.

I had a non-silenced de-cat on my old 16V, which when added to the full stainless exhaust made a really loud rumble on idle. I kid you not, a de-cat on a 16V with an IK and stainless system will be VERY loud! The best bits are the flames and puffs of smoke; the worst bit is the Nova-esque noise on part throttle at 2-3000rpm.

Best £50 mod there is. Ill go for a silenced one for my otherwise standard Williams soon.