ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat vs sports cat

TRACK CAR BREAKING
For a Yozz'ed Clio 182
What would you have and why?
I currently have a silenced de-cat but the baffles have fallen apart and need a new one so need help deciding :)
Thanks

Evo 8 MR
Decat because it's cheaper and the standard 182 cat is said to be pretty good so you'd be wasting money on a sports cat.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Had decat on my yozza for 8 months or so and yes it does sound awesome but will drive you and everyone else crazy in the end,there is quite a difference between a ome cat and a sports cat,the sport cat gives much better flow to the om cat due to it being a third of the size inside.I have a sports cat now and the car is still loud(96db)but not silly and sounds even better.

ph1 172
Had decat on my yozza for 8 months or so and yes it does sound awesome but will drive you and everyone else crazy in the end,there is quite a difference between a ome cat and a sports cat,the sport cat gives much better flow to the om cat due to it being a third of the size inside.I have a sports cat now and the car is still loud(96db)but not silly and sounds even better.

Do you still get a slight whistle from the cat when accelerating though?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP

I might be wrong but i thought the standard 182 was already a 200 cell sports cat that uses a metallic substrate? I can understand getting to an aftermarket sports cat if it's cheaper than the renault one but not if the renault one was fine.

Don't want to upset anyone just wanted to check if this was the case. Mainly for future reference as my car is staying standard.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No whistle mate,that will be down to a fooked cat fitting kit if it whistles.

Yes they are 200 cell mate but the standard cat is 3 times longer inside,there is only about 8"s of cells in the sports cat.

ph1 172
My cat fitting was absolutely fine but it whistled bad enough for me to put a silenced decat in.

I am quite fussy though;)

182 Cup
If you were to get a sportscat, does anyone know of any brands that are compatible with the yozza? Any HP gain over the stock cat do you think?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I find it a bit of a pain in the ass to change it over each year. 182 cat is only a 100 cell cat anyway.