ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dead lock jammed (wont disegage)

307 hdi (powered by derv)
righty tighty,

Ever since i used the deadlocks on my xsara i havent been able one of the doors.

I presume the deadlock is jammed in place. Is there anyway of overriding this?

I have had the door card off and a fiddle but cant see where the mechanisism is.

many thanks
shaw

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
What you might find it is a fault in the wiring where it goes through the door and B post, or possibly a mechanical failure in the locking solenoid.

Check the wires for a signal on both lock and un-lock. (Test light or Multi Meter)

The deadlocks work by moving the release mechanism (which is pulled by the door handles) away from its resting position.

You will need to pull the mech. with a pair of long nose pliers to get the door open then remove the whole lock assembly once its open.

If you get a powerful light inside and get someone to lift the handle while you look, you should be able to see the action.

Some cars have a protection plate covering the mech, so you might have to remove that first.