ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead sensor?

I''ve got a small issue with my 172.

I got in it last night after it had been sat for around 24 hours. Turned the engine on and the coolant warning light came straight on. The car was stone cold and there was plenty of fluid in the coolant expansion tank.

The olny thing I can think of is that a sensor is dead. I last took the car out in the pouring rain and ran through a giant puddle, after that the car was kangarooing badly.

I then took the car for a drive after work and it kangarooed once, otherwise it pulls fine, and the coolant warning light is still on. The only other this is when I accerlate hard (through the gear up to 4th) the temp needle sits in the middle of the gauge, but when I back off it drops a couple of notches.

Any thoughts?

Coolent temp sensors failed common thing realy

check the wiring as well it can get pulled and damged leading to this.

Ops, the light is actually the 'toxic fumes' sensor or something similar. I reckon I've got a dead lamda sensor.

Resetting, the light came on after I restarted after going through a big puddle, put it on clip and it just came up that it had lost connection, reset the light and all was well.

I think I'll still need a new sensor as the car dies badly on part throttle now and again, or when I'm cruising I can feel the power tailing off.