ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Space 2

F82 M4
I found the Plasma Cutter my favourite. With damage and reload fully updated it was pretty strong. Also the Force Gun was good, especially when you was surounded by a load of Necro's.

Going to attempt some online play tonight. Plus, news of some DLC called Severed sounds pretty good. No release date set though :(

Same. I always used the Plasma Cutter upgraded. Awesome times!

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Plasma Cutter isn't that powerful even when fully upgraded, IMO.

Decent weapon, though, and it's free, so that's a massive bonus.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
first one was epic, played it all the way through. don't know what the issues were with the controls, the whole point is that it isn't another twitch fest fps... fare more realistic, if you were in that big ass suit s**tting yourself at every corner running down dark corridors with big aliens try to kill you, you probably wouldn't be doing everything at 100 miles an hour either!

LOL @ darren with the fps all the way comment. Rare gems like this are just wasted on some people. pfff

Fabia VRS
ive got to like chapter 3 atm and a few jumpy bits, i kinda expect the jumpy bits tho :p

Evo 5 RS
completed this last night on survivalist. Absolute cnut at the end. Well impressed with the whole game though, would probably replay

mx5 & 172
Depends though. The PC version was definitely hampered by a very poor control interface - which was clearly an after-thought of the cross platform devs. A lot of software houses do think about the control options available to the PC player and go out of their way to accomodate them. Others are just plain lazy and cba - requiring 8 fingers per hand and for you to be stood upside down to comprehend the input on screen.

3rd person view for me rarely works well either. Even in good overall games such as Just Cause 2 - the 3rd person is hopeless when the action gets frantic. 1st person all the way....

D.

I played it with an xbox controller so I dont think I suffered any PC related issues, i just found it a weak game in pretty much every way. Its not the 3rd person thing - the Batman arkham game is awesome.

I take from the replies that number 2 isn't going to be a game for me.

Evo 5 RS
Is that thing at the end even beatable?!
lol...
if you're talking about the beast that won't stop following you after the eye sequence then no, I just kept blowing it's legs off and stasis'ing it

Poopipe I found the second much better than the first

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On my second playthrough now. Chapter 10. Going for all the Achievements (except finishing on Hardcore and that other mental setting). Got 82% of them so far.

It's great you can take your built up character through to the next playthroughs with all their weapons etc. Makes it easier upgrading them, but then pushes you that bit more to complete it at least 3 times, as that's what it may take to get enough deaths or stomps for the full Achievement list.

Things I need now are firing a necromorph 17m and pinning him to a wall, having 4 upgraded weapons at the same time (this one could take a while - I currently have fully upgraded Stasis, Rig and Line Gun. Need another 3 weapons fully noded out!), Finishing on zealot and hardcore difficulty settings, Decompress 20 Necromorphs without getting sucked out yourself, Kill 30 Necromorphs with Kinesis objects and Kill 30 Crawlers without detonating them.

Fabia VRS
im on like chapert 7... i think

Havnt been playing that much coz of work and that but i fricking love it!

Just done the section in the baby area,

Those babies are the worst

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
im on like chapert 7... i think

Havnt been playing that much coz of work and that but i fricking love it!

Just done the section in the baby area,

Those babies are the worst

The ones with the yellow puss on their backs? Little b*stards.

MKV R32
Just completed on survivalist in 7hrs 11 mins

Possibly the worst ending to such an awesome game. Final Boss was incredibly easy. There was a part in the government sector when you go down 3 levels then end at a boss on the floor. That was probably the most impossible section of a game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just completed on survivalist in 7hrs 11 mins

Possibly the worst ending to such an awesome game. Final Boss was incredibly easy. There was a part in the government sector when you go down 3 levels then end at a boss on the floor. That was probably the most impossible section of a game.

Nah. Stasis, run behind him, shoot yellow flesh. Repeat. Agree the ending was a bit flat. Overall game is great, though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ok, hardcore difficult : F*ck that.

You can't use a new game+ (taking your current suit and weapons with you), so you have to pretty much start from scratch. You have 3 save games maximum to use, so you can't overwrite them. There are no checkpoints at all, either. LOL. So you could go through 4 hours worth, get to a save point and get killed as you're using it. Do those 4 hours again.

Jeez. That will be mega tough on the later levels.

Golf R32
Those last few levels are monstrously tough (from a casual gaming point of few) gone through so much ammo just getting to the last save point had to do the final run to get to the end boss with about 4 rounds for each gun and a single small first aid kit :dapprove: needless to say I didn't make it far

Think might have to reload the save point just before I spunked a tonne of credits on Power Nodes just so I can buy more ammo.

Loving the game though, once I've completed it I might buy the original too as I missed out on it completely

Fabia VRS
Im on chapter 13 now, just got off the digger machine thing which was pretty tasty !

am i near the end?

Fabia VRS
O fricking hell, just got past the spinning lazer contraption. Those one that puke s**t on you really annoy me!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Didn't find the laser thing that hard, did it first time, but the eye bit took me about 6 attempts :S

Nice death scene when you fail that one. It's easy if you
lower the needle bit by bit, then pause for a second so Isaac calms down and stops moving his eye ball. Then lower again. Pause. Repeat.

Fabia VRS
yeah i did that eye thing a few times coz it was a pretty sweet death,

But how are you supposed to do the bit when you "in the marker" shooting the woman and all those toddlers are coming at you ?!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looked to see which "Secret Achievement's" I needed last night, and there was one left. I then found out it was "Elevator Action", which was to knock off every Tripod during the Elevator Sequence during Chapter 7. It's the one where you fix the elevator by firing at jet propelled canisters on the bottom, then make your way back to the top to get in the big glass elevator. It lifts you up for what seems like a while and then Tripods start appearing at the glass. You have to shoot them off. You can escape pretty much unscathed by not even bothering to shoot any, but if you want the achievement/trophy, you have to knock every one of them off the elevator. Took me ages, but I had saved just prior to getting in the lift, so I just kept at it. It gets really tricky later on as there are up to 3 Tripods at once and they don't stick around for too long so you have to be quick. Stasis helps, but then you realise there's another behind you that you missed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm done with this now. 2 and a half playthroughs have got me every Achievement bar 2 (complete on Hardcore and Zealot difficulty). Not bothering with those so back on BC2 now.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Great game.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a bump - saw this cheap so picked it up. Really enjoying it. Not sure which weapons to purchase with the lack of credits.