ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Xbox E74

Dodgy one
I got the dreaded rings the other week, Its coming up with an E74 error and 1 red ring so MS arent able to fix it for free :( bit s**t considering its only a year and half old and doesnt get used much, anyways.

Someone will have had it, I'm going to attempt to fix it myself rather than shell out £200 on a slimline one (as advised much better) or a PS3, It that doesnt work e-bay it for parts.

What type of repair kit am i going to need though? anyone got a link for any good ones?

Renault Clio 1.4
Fairly sure it was E74 I had which they wanted £60 to repair. A family friend fixed mine, i'll try and find out what the procedure was.

Dodgy one
I got mine done for free when it E74'd... Does it have to be under a year old or something?

Somehow i've just managed to get it to go through MS request a repair, The other day when i tried it it never worked so was going to have a go at it myself.

Shall watch this space and see what happens, Just Formatted my pc so have to put all my e-mail back on now so i can see whan its been collected lol

Bumder With A Buffer
E74 is the cpu/gpu error (even though they list it as)

"E74: I/O Hardware Error - HSIO related, could be crc error, or many things: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. Microsoft covers this error under their 3-year warranty, this is availble to anyone who hasn't modified their console. contact MS to get a free replacement console before attempting to fix this yourself. Failing that this error In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)"

E74 is the cpu/gpu error (even though they list it as)

"E74: I/O Hardware Error - HSIO related, could be crc error, or many things: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. Microsoft covers this error under their 3-year warranty, this is availble to anyone who hasn't modified their console. contact MS to get a free replacement console before attempting to fix this yourself. Failing that this error In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)"

I think that's what happened to mine... Was a while ago now though, cannae remember.

Bumder With A Buffer
I repaired a load that have had this issue..The x-clamps/gpu reflow seem to effect loads of different problems.

Dodgy one
Its been picked up and gone already :-o

Wasnt even boxed up, mam shoved it in a ps2 box witha load of bags for protection but didnt tape it up, guess il never see that again!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
it happened to my brothers and he took it to a computer repairs place they fixed it and fitted extra cooling fans £40 with years warrenty