ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debating whether to sell my Clio 172 Track car

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ive been building a clio 172 iceberg silver over the years with the intention of using this on track.

I am now trying to save a deposit for a house and I know if I itry to sell the car whole I will get no where near what its cost to build.

I also have a clio 182 Cup as my daily so would just keep this as my daily.

All the parts are new and has just been on the drive so no mileage covered.

Engine has 84,000 miles and has had a new Genuine Reanault cambelt kit and seal plugs , dephaser and waterpump and clutch fitted by birchdown.
KW Variant 2 Coilovers
AST Solid Top Mounts (Still in box)
Brand New front Calipers
Brembo Max grooved discs
OZ Ultraleggra 16 inch alloys with Toyo T1R Tyres
Vibratechnics Engine and Gearbox Mounts
Pure Motorsport aircon delete
Flocked Dash
Xenons have brand new Osram ballasts and starters (Expensive)
Competiton exhaust mount
Silcone hose kit
Brand New scorpion exhaust kit
182 Manifold , k-tec decat and 2 brand new Bosch Lamda sensors
Whitline antiroll bar kit (brand new)
Clio turbines with r888 tyres 1 hours use on the tyres on another clio
53mm radiator un-fitted
Brand new Renault driveshaft (the longer one)
Powder coated parts
Brand new Renault Power steering pump

Just wondering what to do !

Do I do some trackdays and enjoy then sell or do I just do it now before I use it !

What sort of money for parts listed ?

4759C64F-6048-478B-91F9-0275B3BD0B91.jpg

EB871C28-8CC1-4608-AA29-9C64C5519E8B.jpg

S14a, Integra DC5
I don't think you'd have any trouble selling those parts to be honest. Maybe try and turn back into a standard car and sell it as a whole?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah that's what I'm thinking maybe unless I can get a decent price for the engine and box and sell xenons and bits !

I will have to work out prices etc for the bits I have

Transit & Death trap
The only way to see a decent return will be to break it, but if you do decide to sell as it is, PM me your price :wink:

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah im Finch of SXOC .

Yeah I know a lot of parts are brand new and the car has never been on the road so Im thinking would I get a better price for the parts as they are like new and not literally 2nd hand !

I suppose I could advertise the bits ans if I get enough interest.

The main bits would be the suspension , Engine and box etc then all the other bits

Im sure a 53 plate standard clio aint worth a lot these days

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah im Finch of SXOC .

Yeah I know a lot of parts are brand new and the car has never been on the road so Im thinking would I get a better price for the parts as they are like new and not literally 2nd hand !

I suppose I could advertise the bits ans if I get enough interest.

The main bits would be the suspension , Engine and box etc then all the other bits

Im sure a 53 plate standard clio aint worth a lot these days

You won't be able to advertise the parts on here without them being off the car and ready to go I'm afraid.

Them be the rules....

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ha Ha SXOC tax im thinking :)

Done anymore on the 200 ? I need to go the unit and fire mine up !

S14a, Integra DC5
Just a major refurb on all the arms, new Whitelines and refurbed the subframe. Need to update the build thread. Got that 350z box yet?

Sell your daily Clio and keep this! Once you recover from buying new house revert this back to dedicated track car and buy another daily.
Far easier to sell and replace a fairly standard daily clio. Saves you the time, effort and pain of breaking your lovely track clio.
I couldn't sell after all the effort.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I know , I just don't know what to do ! Its a lot of money in parts just on my drive

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
If you do decide to break it can I first refusal on the KW V2's please?

I'd keep the car personally, make use of what you've built before you break it up.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
if your thinking about it, i say remove all the aftermarket parts and sell them on. Return car to standard (assuming you kept the standard parts) and sell that separately aswel. Bit of a pain in the hoop but its the only way you'll see a decent return

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I don't have most stuff now .

I sold the seats and chucked the interior and don't have the original shocks.

How much would be a fair price for a new set of kW V2's which have just been fitted to the car ?

Track 172 Cup
I would do a few track days in it get some enjoyment then sell it, wouldn't really reflect much on the value of the parts I wouldn't have thought.