ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat "bung" question..

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
hello,

when using a decat should you use a bung on the secondary lamba sensor or screw it into the exhaust?
just wondering why people bung them if they have the option to screw it in?

hope that makes sense!

jack

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can screw it into the exhaust and just unplug it.

The reason it's left out is obviously, with there being no CAT, the emissions picked up by the second lamba sensor would register a problem.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Will the light go out after a while of thinking theres no emissions if I just unplug it or does it need to be a code reader job to rid the bugger?

340i
It's hit and miss if you get the emissions light IMO... Mine ran with a de-cat for 20K with no emissions light :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Will this have any effect on the Air/fuel Ratio? I've got a bung to put in the secondary sensor so did you lads just completely take off the 2nd lambda sensor and unplug it from the car?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I left the sensor screwed into the decat and then unplugged the sensor at the connection under the car.

Had no effect on my ph1 AT ALL. But as said, it's hit and miss,

I still returned 44mpg on long journeys etc and it was still a very quick ph1.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Might give it a go Rob, something not right with mine atm, seems to have completely lost its spark