ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat dilemma!

Clio 182
Ive just decatted my car and im really pleased with the results! it sounds so much more raspy than before....but ive got a feeling my ​neighbours don't feel the same at 7.00am when im firing it up to go to work. I try to drive as quietly as possible in built up areas but im thinking is is really worth it :/ i just wondered what you guys think about the situation, do you think a decat is a bit lairy for public roads or do i just need to man up and embrace the noise!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
They can be loud with certain cat backs yeh, like you say, I would also feel bad if I had to start up a cold RS Clio at 7am waking everyone up. Good luck with that :) I would run a de-cat on my 172 but I cba with the hassle come MOT time for the performance you actually get from it.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
I had the same with my 172 had a ktech system not the loud.
Had the nieghbours up at 4am. Lol

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Decatted yozza on a cold start, pops bangs and explodes even when trying to be quiet I bet I wake up the whole close

BG FF 182
My old valver was de-catted popped & banged like a beast, had to start that up on cold mornings at 6:00am, neighbours loved me! But in the end I hated the hassle come MOT time, was fun while it lasted, especially when it used to spit out the odd flame...

A SHED!
Get a silenced decat if it bothers you. My neighbour has a AC Cobra and the bell piece is always starting it up in the mornings. My old clios were all decatted, never had any complaints. At least your considerate mate, unlike MR AC BELL END next door to me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you have an aftermarket exhaust already? If not get a decent stainless system and enlarge the cat to exhaust join, just as much gain and no hassle come MOT

I wasn't overly impressed with the gains from my decat. Got more from my V6 mailbox

clio 182FF
I really didn't feel like the de cat even made much more noise? Do you guys reckon the car is a lot louder on the outside in comparison to driving it? Certainly a nicer and more raspy sound anyway though! Just put my cat back on for testing and i swear my car is silent now with the janspeed system (silenced version) however someone said it was pretty loud when i drove off from there house?? who knows!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Have u had the car mapped dude ull notice a big flat spot if u aint my neighbours moan at my car for being noisy so i use my Ka at 4am when i go to work lol