ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DECAT ME BABY

come on chaps help me out..which is the best de cat to get...janspeed or ktec..which will give the most bhp if any..which would go well with a magnex exhaust..searched on lots of post but nobody seems to know which is best,,thanks to all who can help me!!!! anyone with a cup got one that could give me some details!! cheers everyone again!!!

nice ass mate!!! so ktec charge 300 plus for a janspeed decat that actuallly costs around 135.00 fron janspeed themselves..what the!!!! there must be a difference though cos the ktec one will pass the mot..will the janspeed not!!! any contact numbers/websites for janspeed...do demon tweeks sell them!!! cheers

right your talking about the sports cat not decat :)

the decat is just a bit of tube

sports cat is still a catalitic convertor just isnt very restrictive as it has a low cell count

172GAL *SLAP*

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 27 January 2004

sports cat is still a catalitic convertor just isnt very restrictive as it has a low cell count

172GAL *SLAP*

Didnt your mother ever teach you not to hit women :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 27 January 2004

72GAL *SLAP*
... and iirc some people have had problems with the ecu lights coming on with the sports cat... dunno if this has been sorted yet, but there is no problem with a straight decat.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

So a De-Cat will see more gain than a sports cat then?

Even coupled with the standard backbox?

Presumably, you could install a de-cat with the standard bbox, and then change the bbox for summat else later on?

good question mate....so to recap...the ktec has had problems....the janspeed decat will not have any problems in terms of the lamba sensor thingy!!! or will it??? mitsi how much could you get a janspeed decat for then mate? what about noise levels with a straight decat on?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

My Dads a Scottish Dealer for Janspeed... If theres enough interest then,Im pretty sure we could organise something 4 every1.

My Brothers running a full Janspeed system, from Manifold through Cat and Back box...Runs 161.6Bhp on their rollers

hey up everyone IF janspeed is the same as the ktec decats then ktec are selling them for 337.23 inc vat plus delivery minus 5% so you are looking at around 337.00 all in delivered i think(sorry if im wrong) i have found the motorsportworld website is selling them for 247.50 plus 10 delivery which makes it 257.50..that means that you save nearly 80 squid!!! now that is a saving..can anyone get these cheaper!!!!..the normal stainless steel cat pipe is around 80.00 which is good value!!! would you get better mpg from sport cat or proper decat!!!! thanks everyone

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 27 January 2004

My Dads a Scottish Dealer for Janspeed... If theres enough interest then,Im pretty sure we could organise something 4 every1.

My Brothers running a full Janspeed system, from Manifold through Cat and Back box...Runs 161.6Bhp on their rollers

Is your bros car a 172? is the 161@wheels? If you can organise a discount/group buy ill be interested!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Plus reprofiled Cams...He wont take it up the 1/4mile at Crail...Scared he may Scratch it. its no quicker to 62 than the rest of the 172s...Sounds good tho.

Ill speak to my dad, But im pretty Sure Jan Odeur will b happy to do a Group Discount.

anyone else got any thoughts..what about decat owners any comments on the decat ..did it make any noticeable difference etc...which one do you have?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

This would presumably give some good increases for little outlay.

In terms of bang for buck, its gotta be better than the Viper? I know its a diff type of mod, but in terms of power increases its better isnt it?

Id be well up for it, if I can run the decat pipe with my standard backbox for the time being, looking to upgrade the backbox soon, but money will only stretch so far! [:)]

Integra DC5 Type R

i just been onto janspeed too. you can buy through their website http://www.janspeed.comwww.janspeed.com

got a reply from their sales team cos i was concerned about it fitting the Mk 1 172 (cos Mk 1 172 needs a shorter one).

If someone is organising a bulk buy, then count me in too.

Ktec = Sports cat only (no decat made for Mk2 172) = £330 odd quid

Janspeed = decat only £130 (no sports cat)???

If janspeed make the ktec sports cat, is it an exclusive to ktec???

nope its not at all supposed to be sligtly different tho

just clear this up again before it gets asked again the mk2 can be decated no problems no ligts no nothing it does not need the second sensor plugged in at all to function

Integra DC5 Type R

i believe ya now dogmaul :D only needed a reason b4 bud lol

if its only a self test mechanism, just get the straight through pipe. Just out of interest, what did u do with the old No 2 sensor and cable? tuck it up somewhere?

why dont we buy the one from motorsportworld.com well cheap..eighty pounds for the stainless steel straight decat....IF I FIT THE DECAT WILL IT HAVE TO BE WELDED TO THE EXHAUST...WILL ANY LIGHTS APPEAR ON THE DASH!!! AFTERWARDS....WOULD ONE THESE DECAT WITH A MAGNEX COMBINE WELL!!!

then if I replace a 70mm straight pipe from decat + catback. Do you think it will affect a lot on the low end torque and throttle responds ?