ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on a standard system? MK1

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Just wondering if it would make a lot of difference soundwise? It's only a 1.2 so I'm not looking for any performance gains just a bit more of a grunt (nothing OTT) as it sounds so weak at the moment!

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Its all I want tbh. It sounds so weak how it is at the moment. I just don't want it chavvy and OTT.

monaco 172
how about a open cone filter? That'l beef it up a little in the noise department and much easier than trying to find somebody to make a straight through pipe for the exhaust

As said above go with a cone filter. I don't know anything about how much a de-cat would cost but i'm sure finding someone to make you a straight through pipe and fit it would cost you more than a filter?

I have a K&N 57i on mine at the moment and sounds good... there's lots of alternatives but heres an idea of what you're going to be paying. Also, you can fit the air filter yourself as they are a doddle.. unless you have a MK3 like me where it becomes a pain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-57i-INDUCTION-KIT-RENAULT-Clio-1-2-91-96-57-0052-/300923466138

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Thanks guys. I can get a decat pipe for £20 that just bolts straight on. I wouldn't mind an air filter as I had one on my last clio and it sounded just how I wanted it. I can't justify spending that much on a K&N though. I've seen some cheapys for around the £10 mark although I don't have the required plastic pipe to bolt it on to :(

Ahh fair enough then! I stand corrected haha. Its up to you at the end of the day. I paid £90 for my air filter so I didn't think the one I posted was too bad. Pay for what you get really mate :)

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Ahh fair enough then! I stand corrected haha. Its up to you at the end of the day. I paid £90 for my air filter so I didn't think the one I posted was too bad. Pay for what you get really mate :)

True lol. It is good for a K&N I'll admit that. It's only the 2nd car though so can't justify spending loads on it lol. I've already got one money pit :p

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
I wouldn't bother on a 1.2, save your cash until you've got something a bit more powerful.

This is as powerful as it gets. I've already got a car with power this is merely a car for the other half to learn to drive in. Just wanted a bit more grunt not more performance wise as I mentioned before.