ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on ph1 172

flame red 172
Hi everyone quick question.. Going to get a stainless exhaust for my 172 was thinking of a decat at the same time if I do so will I need to remap it? As I don't think it has the 2nd 02 sensor? Thanks in advance

Not sure if a decat actually has a negative effect on power on these cars - NASP engines need a certain amount of back pressure to make them most efficient. On a turbo car, yes without doubt it'd help, but worth doing your research first on these.

320d
Doesn't have a negative affect on power. On a standard car it does little more than just make it sound better. Maybe 1-2 bhp but I didn't actually feel a difference.

Ph 1 172
Im phase 1 decat was brilliant for noise but it gave me some crazy flat spots inbetween 3.5k and 4k rpm, also another on further up the rev range. If you are going to decat your phase 1 I personally would only get one again if it was getting a remap on the same day to get rid of flat spots.