ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on standard 182 exhaust?

Lem

Clio 182
Hi this might sounds stupid but just woundering if it's possible to put a de cat pipe on a standard 182 exhaust system, and would it be worth it?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
A couple of people have done this with the standard system still in place, it will give a noticable increase in low down grunt and the tone of the system should be a little better.

Its defiantly worth doing, and once you have saved the old pennies you can always chuck the rest of the system on.

Lem

Clio 182
cheers mate, also can the de cat be easily taken on and off for MOT's and replaced with the standard renault one?

182 - conneries de c
Yep me too, ran a standard 182 exhaust with a de cat for a while.

Sounded much better.

I have since replaced the standard exhaust with a Prospeed one, which sounds fanstastic.

Relatively easy to take off de cat and put back on CAT for MOT time. I will be doing this in a couple of months for my first MOT.

Go on, get it!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Decat pipe is held in place by 4 bolts all you need to do is take them off drop the pipe out and with a new gasget fit the OE Cat back into place.

Just remeber to keep a good supply of Gaskets as you will need to replace them.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Speak to Fred At Yozzasport, when I was looking around at getting one theirs seems to be the best made and best fit.

Plus if you have problems Fred is always on hand to give you that speciall treatment (LOL)

'06 Black 182, '03 350Z
I drove my friend's de-cat 182, it felt quicker, but I didn't like the raspy sound :(

What other solutions to mantain the same factory sound with the gain of the de-cat method?

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
I ran a decat with standard exhaust for a while, I thought the noise was worse than standard and I also felt a gain in power when I put my standard cat back on. However, I am using the same decat with an aftermarket exhaust now and its a massive increase in power compared to standard and sounds awsome.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I wouldn't go as far to say 'massive'.

GDI offer the cheapest decat, mine fitted a treat and lifetime guarantee.