ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat Pipe Make Much Of A Difference

As i have mentioned, i have just had a full Cat-Back Magnex System installed on my 172 which has made noticeable difference with the performance. By sticking a Magnex De-Cat pipe on, what differences would this make?

I dont have the money for one yet like but im interested!!!

Dont think it makes much difference at all on a Williams - power wise anyway.

Dunno about the 172..

R

rich[182]

will next year if you you get caught driving without one cos youll be knackered

R

rich[182]

I posted some stuff on it recently, cant locate the post but basically next year their is an EU directive proposing (amongst other things) to make it illegal to drive a car on the public highway that has a full de-cat fitted, manufacturers cats and sports cats would be ok but straight through de-cats illegal

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

according to k-tec thier sports cat gives 6-7bhp, a de-cat should give slightly more .

[Edited by _KDF on 5/17/2004 1:01:17 PM]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

It makes a difference but heard theyre not as strait forward as theres sensors making life difficult.

My valver roars now, it pops and sometimes even spits the odd flame.

I only have IK, de-cat and back box!

P

peterh2

Matt16v - did it make much difference power wise to your valver? Im thinking of getting one.

Makes quite a difference i think - certainly on mine it revs a bit freer and has a bit more power top end. Reckon about 4-5bhp on valvers/willys.....

They make a massive difference to sound, if you look in my for sale post about them, i have some sound clips of mine on my 1.2, even make a noticable difference to speed.

Im aking and selling them for all the mk1 clios, for the low price of £30 each

Mines noticabily quicker with the de-cat on but ive lost a little top end. If you do get one i recommend that you upgrade you stereo. Youll need it to mask out the droning on long journeys

williams and trophy

yeah the de-cat is probably the cheapest and most effective way of freeing up a bit more power from ur engine, couple it to an exhaust n filter, not only sounds the bollox but shud go a lot better too,

maybe wont be as responsive in the lower end of the rev range but the top end wil more than make up for it

it made my car noisey(er) and faster, seems better throughout the rev range, mainly mid range and high end it pulls a lot stronger now (my cat was almost dead when I bought the car tho and it went completely).

people that had been in my car pre decat said it was deffo quicker, that was without even saying anything about getting one fitted! must be good :D. Fcuk emissions, if the rest of my American family can drive around with V8s chucking all kinds of sh*t through their straight thrus I dont see why I cant!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Need tp get some putty cause mines blowing like a dutch tart.

Still goes better and sounds sweet as.

Love it when it pops!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

well u wont be getting a magnex de cat for the 172 cause they dont make one.