ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat question?? 182 whos got one

M135i, 118 coupe
If i get a decat pipe for my car does it matter which one i get???(i have a blueflame exhaust)
Does it do much performance wise or in other words what will a decat pipe do??

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
With mine, revs better, pics up better in lower revs. Sounds louder and pops and bangs a lot more!

Good cheap mod, glad I done mine.

Lionel Richie
182taunton said:
If i get a decat pipe for my car does it matter which one i get???(i have a blueflame exhaust)
Does it do much performance wise or in other words what will a decat pipe do??

yes it does matter! our is the best (thats the most biased opinion you will get!)

Lionel Richie
yeah possibly

(sorry about your fluid, it is coming, yoz got knocked out playing rugby hence the delay!)

lol! no worries, it'll just have to be fast road tested, tbh i think the brakes get a harder time on the road as i have actually had that bad fade from them before that i over shot a turning by 20 odd meters lol!

R35 GTR
guys dont post up that you have decats on public forum. Insurers are always watching.

I would never personally have one as they can cause problems with insurance.

edit: isnt the 182 cat more free flowing anyway. i thought it was 100 cell compared to the 172's 200 cell?

172cup
got a decat on my 172cup.... makes bugger all difference.... only noise. Wouldnt do it again

Only when i sell it i'll say it revs alot better... gives me extra power... all that crap

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Dave3141 said:
guys dont post up that you have decats on public forum. Insurers are always watching.

I would never personally have one as they can cause problems with insurance.

decats arn't illegal, and they wont make your insurance void if they are declaired.

failing an MOT will tho, if a car can pass an mot with a decat then its fine.

R35 GTR
Martin_89 said:
decats arn't illegal, and they wont make your insurance void if they are declaired.

failing an MOT will tho, if a car can pass an mot with a decat then its fine.
greenlight wont insure with a decat.Depends on insurer i guess.

But a sport will definitely fail with a decat, hence no mot, therefore no insurance.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dave3141 said:
greenlight wont insure with a decat.Depends on insurer i guess.

But a sport will definitely fail with a decat, hence no mot, therefore no insurance.

Thats why people swap them back before the MOT so they will pass .

Lionel Richie
to clear things up

172's have 400cell
182's have 400cell

sport cats are generally 200 cell, or if requested 100 cell

decats are the best