ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat question

It'll make a lot off difference in terms of noise , but honestly itll beat the S#'t out your standard exhaust , im sure people have done it but personally wouldnt bother id spend your money on a quality stainless exhaust first then a de-cat mate

Hhmm i see your point but to be fair 90% of Cliosports have had them changed , and the standard system is so expensive most have aftermarket systems on!
Plus whoever you sell it too is buying a Cliosport at the end of the day, they arent after a diesel van so any exhaust upgrades should be favoured !!
But if you do decided you couls always ask to save the old unit and put it on when you sell it, i know its time consuming to not cut it off but its there mate !!

Keep the standard system, and swap over when you sell?

exactly! Mine is stood upright in the shed, was a struggle to get it off in one piece (most just cut it, I didn't). I wouldn't say I like the sound of the stainless system I have put (kept the cat in place, its not restrictive) but at least I know I can always put the standard one back if I need to.

Put on what YOU want now and enjoy your car, I think if I ever sell mine then having two exhausts has go to be a good thing, no?

Evo 8 MR
I used to run a decat on the standard system and it's a good bassy sound, measured 86dB at Cadwell park iirc!