ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat

A5 Coupe & Clio182
Which decat pipes are best for fitting on standard 182 exhaust system? Worth it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Any pipes will do the job.

Id be looking at replacing the whole system as the standard system dont last long, sound crap and look worse.

Worth noting if you don't want boom, get a 2.25 system as apposed 2.5. I have a ktec decat/unsilenced centre and it is spot on.

A5 Coupe & Clio182
Cool, cheers.

Just don't want something stupid loud that I can't take on the track.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Any decat, especially on a 182 due to the 4-2-1 manifold will add quite alot of noise and not alot else on a near standard car. I run a 2.5" decat with 2.25" system with no mid box and I get around 102-104db depending whos testing on the day.

I would agree that a 2.5" system is more boomy than a 2.25", I used to have a few different 2.5" systems on my old 172’ road cars and they were fairly annoying on A roads, luckily I only have to drive my track car on the road now and then to get to track and back and the 2.25" isn't as boomy either, still not a pleasant experience mind you, its a lot more at home on track :)

Also to add, if you're adding a decat to a standard system or any system for that matter you might want to order a manifold to cat fitting kit as unless you're one has been changed in the last year or so it will probably be shot to pieces and not seal partially well when re-attached.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine has no drama unless you are on the move, sounds spot on. Would have no issues doing a big journey in it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Weird, mine is alot louder than that on idle, especially from cold and thats a 2.25" Janspeed/Ktec