ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent body shop Runcorn/Warrington?

MkV Golf R32
Hi guys,

Not posted on here for a while, but I know Cliosport always has the answer and offer some good advice.

I am looking for a decent body shop in the Runcorn to Warrington area if anyone can help please.

I am looking to get a rear bumper re spray and a few dents taken out too. I passed through Rochdale this afternoon and spoke to Panel care but if I can find a good body shop closer to home that would be good.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
D.

MkV Golf R32
Thanks for the suggestions, I actually went to Prospray today, but he quoted me double what panelcare quoted me!

I went looking for custom colours but I couldn't seem to find it, so I'll have another look next week. Someone also suggested Auto refinishing in Warrington but not had time to go there yet.

I'll go to DPS and see what they say also.

MkV Golf R32
I drive past DPS nearly everyday and i didn't even think about them! Will pop in after work one day next week.

Matt do you live in Runcorn? See a 172 parked near my mums all the time.

I drive past DPS nearly everyday and i didn't even think about them! Will pop in after work one day next week.

Matt do you live in Runcorn? See a 172 parked near my mums all the time.

Yeah they're worth asking for sure, I do mate! Where does your mum live. I've had my cup for about 8 months but just bought a BG 182

MkV Golf R32
Lovely car you have, I was tempted to get another 182 and at that price it was a bargain!

You had any work done at DPS then?

Cheers mate, in for some work then it will be for sale can't justify having both.

The BG is lovely really nice spec and a great buy in my eyes.
I've not but my pal had his mk4 R32 tidied up there and another friend had a cosworth fully done and it was mint.

I remember there being a silver 182 around here a few years back, don't suppose it was you then? And a green lairy lupo possibly your brothers?

MkV Golf R32
Yeh that's me!! Had the 182 then a 123d now I'm in a horrible Volvo v40 until end of Jan! Just bought a MKV r32 myself, which is what needs a little work.

Yeh that's me!! Had the 182 then a 123d now I'm in a horrible Volvo v40 until end of Jan! Just bought a MKV r32 myself, which is what needs a little work.

Ah small world then! If I remember right DPS charged about £650 to repair some rust in the roof gutters, paint the roof, blow in the rear quarters and paint the front end on my mates mk4. Which I think is very reasonable for the standard of work

MkV Golf R32
Yeh small world, send me a PM with a price your looking for the 172! Ha!

I'm only looking for abit of work done to the rear bumper (scuffs etc) and to get a few dents out but want it doing properly.

Your mates MK4 looked tidy, not too sure on the 4x4 thing he's got there now though.

Yeh small world, send me a PM with a price your looking for the 172! Ha!

I'm only looking for abit of work done to the rear bumper (scuffs etc) and to get a few dents out but want it doing properly.

Your mates MK4 looked tidy, not too sure on the 4x4 thing he's got there now though.

He's got 2 there and they're both sheds (and for sale) haha, goes through cars like no tomorrow that lad.
Will Pm you now

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Thanks for the suggestions, I actually went to Prospray today, but he quoted me double what panelcare quoted me!

I went looking for custom colours but I couldn't seem to find it, so I'll have another look next week. Someone also suggested Auto refinishing in Warrington but not had time to go there yet.

I'll go to DPS and see what they say also.

Yes they're not the cheapest.

Saying that their work is that good they're able to justify their prices. They're not insurance approved and don't advertise yet waiting times are still in excess of 2-3 months.

Crazy but worth every penny imo.

Panel Care are very good though so definitely worth a shout. Jake is a very honest, down to earth guy.

MkV Golf R32
Decided to go with Panel care after getting a bunch of quotes from other places, they weren't the cheapest but they took more of an interest in the car and the work that needed doing.

Will update with how I get on once the work is completed.