ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent Printer??? *cheap on ink* ESSENTIAL

"Navy" N17 TWO
As above, looking for a printer that's cheap on ink (or toner) not fussed about quality - as long as it's wireless :)

What would you reccomend?

Cheers
Trev

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
one of them wirelss kodak printers with ink that costs about 50p

Nothing at the mo :(
Don't get a Epson, dell or lexmark

Get yourself a Canon. A good wireless one is a Canon mg5250

* I work in a ink refilling shop so any questions just ask away

Whats the approx cost of ink refills for it mate?

Well at our shop it will vary from others, But for the black its roughly £8.50 and £7.75 for the colours..

If i give you a example on how much better the cartridges are for the black compared to others

HP 301 Black = 5ml of Black Ink = £10 to refill

Canon 525 Black *Which the canon MG 5250 takes* = 14ml of Black Ink = £8.50 to refill

So you have to buy 3x of Hp's cartridges to get the same ink quantity in the canon..

There's a reason why HP sell there printers for £30 and you think "WoW bargain" then when it comes to get new cartridges you stung for it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
We have a Canon Pixma MG6150 printer at home - (Don't tell my Nikon boys ;) )

Great wee printer but it's like an alcoholic!
Dad uses it mostly for printing stuff from Word/Emails - normally B&W. We've put about £50 of ink into it in about 2 months with light use :S

It's rarely used for photos I make use of the CD printing sometimes when I put photos on a disc for someone.

MG6150 is a really good printer, Takes the same cartridge i highlighted about having 14ml of ink, So if you had the HP version it would be £130 of ink

And honestly ya wee dad must be printing more, To go through £50 in 2 months with light use is alot

Clio GT 1.6
Damo_sport -

I've just bought a epson sx235w should be delivered today why are you saying to not buy epson??
Its got cheaper refills that the canon you mentioned and can also have the CISS ink system which is over 10 cartridges worth and can be bought for £50?

I'd really like some help on this topic.

Also I was thinking of buying a laser printer a samsung clp320 or the dell 1250c. The dell is 49.99 at ebuyer at the moment but obviously is not wireless and not multifunction?

Epsons drink ink like there is no tomorrow, Also epsons have built in PrintHeads.. So if they fail you have to replace the whole printer.. Or if there blocked you have to waste ink to clear the blockage

On most of the canon range they have removeable printheads which mean if its fault you can replace, and if its blocked a ink refill shop can clear it for £10 or even less

Also we are not talking about CISS ink systems here really, I doubt Tigger is going to use it for big domestic use so the constant feed system will be always cheaper in the long run but no one wants that for a home PC.

And anything dell related for lasers is a no no too, HP/Canon join up when it comes to lasers so they make pretty good mono's and colour laser printers

Edit_

Also the price i quoted are in shops, you will ALWAYS get ink refills cheaper on the internet

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Epsons use pizo-electric technology to create a better quality printout than any other inkjet printer.

Epsons use pizo-electric technology to create a better quality printout than any other inkjet printer.

According to there claims every printer has the "better quality printout".. Unless your printing A3+ images you/me/normal person are not gonna notice