ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decision, do I bin the radio

Clio 172
I need a hand with a decision. I have a PH1 which is semi stripped out (to be used as a track day toy) and has a Ktec stealth exhaust fitted so its fairly loud in the car. Not long ago I bought a PH1 flocked dash of Phil (shiftspark) but there is no pod for the clock to sit. This means If I ever disconnect the batter I won't be able to code the radio in due to having no display. However the car is so loud that I can barely hear the radio anyway. So the removal of the passenger airbag isn't an issue and the car isn't used alot its just do I fit the flocked dash and bin the radio off as well or do I get my current dash flocked and and keep the radio even though the only time I can really hear it is if I am sat stationary. I am probably being overly sentimental (its a radio ffs) but do I really need it and can I (for about 3 days a month) live without it? Opinions please.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not sure how anyone that's y'know... not you can answer this.

Take it out if you can live without it?

SQ5
I relocated it to under the glove box in my old car and used the stalks.

Easy enough to do and also relocate the display to on top of the steering cowling or that area!

Clio 172
Danny I'm liking that idea, If I leave the radio where it is how easy/hard is it to relocate the display (I am total sh*t at wiring)?

You could be extra ghetto and run a jack lead L, R and G to each speaker output, ie L and G to left speaker, R and G to right speaker then hook up an ipod/mp3 player when you want to use it?
Wont be anywhere near as loud (adequate listening volume though) but if its just a case of saving weight but wanting some tunes.