ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decoder ring wiring

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
I was removing my steering column earlier to re-centre my steering wheel (long story), and it fell putting pressure on the decoder ring wiring (black wire, brown wire and red wire.

I have found the earth (black) to be ok and the brown wire to also be ok but there is a break in the red wire somewhere in the loom grr so my keys arent recognised grrrrrr.

Is it a constant 12v supply in this red wire? and where does it run so i can just run a new wire to the decoder so i bypass the broken part.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's an ignition/UCH switched live and it is (iirc) NOT 12v but 5v.

Passenger side fuse box, look for the 5A UCH fuse... It's from there.

Mick

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
It's an ignition/UCH switched live and it is (iirc) NOT 12v but 5v.

Passenger side fuse box, look for the 5A UCH fuse... It's from there.

Mick

On my fuse box cover my 5amp fuse is for central locking etc not UCH and has 12volts going through it.

Are you sure thats the correct one?

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
Ahh yes. there is a large 2a one. I just removed it and found the fuse broken. When the column dropped it must have shorted the wire, blowing the fuse. Thanks for the help.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah it's very easy to blow being a 2A. Glad that saved some effort though

Mick