ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deep Scratches

Clio
Some of you may have already seen on some of my other threads that I have recently purchased my first car, an 07 clio campus sport, and I'm basically trying to spruce it up a little.

At present I'm currently saving for some detailing stuff so I can try and get into keeping my car looking good - I'll be getting the obvious things such as a pressure washer, snow foam lance, da polisher and so on, so while I'm saving for that stuff I was thinking I'd tackle the deeper scratches.

It appears that one of the previous owners may have had some difficulty with scraping the left hand side of the car as there are some quite deep scratches on the left hand side door trim and the wing mirror cover.

So to get to the point - I'm seeking out some advice on the best, and preferably cheapest, method to take to removing these scratches (pictures below) whether it be buying undamaged trims and spraying them to colour match OR the filling and sanding method. Hopefully one of you guys can provide a guide too as you've probably guessed I'm pretty novice.

So, onto the pictures.

IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has and apologies for the poor iPhone quality pictures!

Clio 182 Cup
I was going to do my scratched mirror caps this weekend. I'm going to use filler, sand them, prime, spray with paint code colour match cans and then lacquer them. I got everything from st helens autopaint who will do the paint matched cans.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Just buy replacement primed mirror caps and get them painted :up:
This is what I would do I failed badly at my last paint repair, my front bumper has a horrible scrap on it what does a bumper refurb usually cost ?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
This is what I would do I failed badly at my last paint repair, my front bumper has a horrible scrap on it what does a bumper refurb usually cost ?
Cheap job £100,very good 200-250 Rich.I had bumper painted for 100.Never again

Clio 182 Cup
How much for a roof? I have lacquer peeling off but not a large area only about say 400mm by 300mm. I was quoted 600 quid but that seems ridiculous. I was figuring 50 quid for the paint and half a days labour so more like 200 quid?

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Cheap job £100,very good 200-250 Rich.I had bumper painted for 100.Never again
I had a wing painted for 120 once was an excellent job on a vr6 thou think that would be a lot easier than a bumper thou, I'm gonna get some quotes soon for bumper scuffs and bonnet dent,
So I don't want to be skimping on paint work ?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
My bumper was flaking after a month,proper bodge.Pay cheap pay twice I learnt that.Get quotes,check their reviews and Facebook

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I know a couple of guys but no had any paint work done in over 4 years hopefully I can still get m8s rates lol