ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Delphi Brake Pads/Discs...Any Good??

C3 Picasso Beast
Does anyone have any experience of these and know if they're any good?? Got a quote today from a garage and these are the only ones they'll do for my 172 so just wondering as they cost about a 3rd of what Renault want for genuine discs/pads plus fitting??

Thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
IMO not worth it, they're just a cheaper imitation of OE brakes. If you're looking to stick to standard, fit Brembo Discs, and something like Textar/Pagid for pads, ie. something from the TMD Friction group.

Hope that helps.

C3 Picasso Beast
If you're looking to stick to standard...

Not to bothered if I don't have standard but I want something that's going to be about as good as standard or better. If the Delphi pads/discs are basically cheaper versions of the standard ones shouldn't be alot of difference should there??

Mondeo TDCI 130
Delphi will be made to oe spec i am sure, I used to have apec stuff on my cup and they were fine, also had some ebay special £50 for pads and discs ALL ROUND on my gti, they were also spot on.

EDIT : Although i would not recommend them if you drive like Jason Plato, like budget tyres, they are fine, but you wouldn't do a track day on them!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Delphi will be made to oe spec i am sure, I used to have apec stuff on my cup and they were fine, also had some ebay special £50 for pads and discs ALL ROUND on my gti, they were also spot on.

There is a mixed bag I find, just depends on what you buy.

Skoda Fabia vRS
they are definitely not the worst of aftermarket products, usually pretty decent

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
they are definitely not the worst of aftermarket products, usually pretty decent

i agree, there are much worst out there. if your on a budget go for the delphi ones, if not stick the brembo/tmd standard set up on there.