ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demon Tweeks Tracked My Car Today...

after advice from members on here about my very very quick tyre wear situation i decided to try and get my car tracked asap... all the places round this way were fully booked up for a week so i rang demon tweeks as they seemed cheap from what Maz had told me... phoned them today and got booked in for 2pm, the same day... i made the hour and half drive down and hung around while they did it...

the coilovers have been on since october, and i kept putting it off getting tracked so no wonder the tyres were wearing quickly... anyway he put it on the machine and explained to me what all the things meant... he said hes never seen a car that was so far out... i didnt really under stand what he was on about but apparently there are 60minutes in a degree?? and the front wheels were 2.5degrees out in all... he mumbled on and said he got it the best he could because the camber was set to quite alot so i just went along with it...

while he was doing this he was asking about my exhaust (which hit the ramp as he drove onto it because its hanging down so low due to the sh**ty renault mount)... he wobbled the back box and everything moved like it was just balanced in place, i was truly shocked at how dangerous it looked :dapprove:

the clamp that holds the middle section to the cat was loose as anything, and he tried to tighten it but he said the thread had been stripped from it?? how the h*ll?

so i was pretty worried about that, also the backbox was loose as anything because the renault rubber in the mount has decided to sag to f**k, he said hes never seen anything as dodgy... and i was the one having to drive 60 miles home on the motorway with it like it :dapprove:

anyway, now the car has been tracked i am even more shocked at how much better and more solid the car feels :D, in the past the steering was wandering all over the place and i thought it was normal behaviour for coilovers :boring: only cost £40 Inc VAT for the 4 wheel laser tracking too...

got a few questions now though:

1. i dont feel safe at all driving the car with the exhaust the way it is to be honest, i was going down the road before and it must have sagged a bit more because the middle section was catching the floor :dapprove:... how can i get a proper joint to the cat that will stay intact (without welding)???

2. now the trackings sorted, i need 4 new tyres as they are all pretty much on the wear indicator, what tyres are best for say £70/corner and where should i get them from?

3. ive got another magnex backbox from a member on here, its twin exit instead of the oval one i have now which looks gash... does anyone have the facilities or time to change this over for me for some cash??

sorry for the long post, hopefully someone can help :approve: cheers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yeah demon tweeks are good for set up imo, thats where i take mine (only 10mins away). Look on mytyres for lots of choice mate.... see what they have in your size. You will need somewhere to fit them though, but they sell good brands cheap. Get a new rear exhaust mount.... only £17 form renault... fit this and take it to quickfit to sort the cat joint, in wont break the bank ;)

yeah i cant believe the change, feels glued to the road now and no more wandering steering.... no catching on full lock either