ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dented roof

clio williams, Ph1 172

Anyone had any problems with their roof denting on their 16V or williams? Either side of my sunroof mine has creased slightly. Ive noticed it on a blokes willie 3 too. Ive got an electric slide back sunroof if that explains anything. Also anyone know if it can be pushed out ok?

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

This is what I was talking about the other day. Clios with sunrooves that have been "tested" shall we say have had a tendancy to crease their rooves a bit. Ive seen this quite alot.

Not sure about getting them out tho. Basically the structure is weakened, so if it was able to be pushed out, it wouldnt be long before it came back.

Paul

If its a factory fitted roof there shouldnt be a prob, but like Paul said if its on track days or really being pushed it could be the prob.
Theres been cases that a strut brace will crease the roof. The strut brace strenthens the front but the car still needs to flex, so does it in the roof.
As for gettin rid of them, not a nice job. If body filler is smothed over it will only crack.
Hope this helps
Tony

clio williams, Ph1 172

Cheers mate,
I think i can get it repaired as it can be pushed out I think. On the passenger side its worse though. It is factory fitted sunroof. Electric one. My sunroof sometimes sticks though so i have to give it a bit of a push to pop it out. I cant remember it being like this when i first bought it. It seems to have appeared so I may have creased it as i opened the sunroof.
Its not a thrashed car. It was pretty much standard

clio williams, Ph1 172

Anyone else got this problem? Has yours dented kind of diagonally a bit on the passenger side? Looks like it will push out on drivers side but its creased more on passenger side so i dunno if itll be easy to fix. Have you got an electric sunroof too?

Mine looks as if someone has pushed down on the top on the sunroof, it has just pushed down the rear passenger side, no creases just a small dent. Yeah i have a standard electric sunroof. My mate has a valver and he booked it in to a garage, when he got it back it had the same dent as mine, but worst, he didnt get an compensation as he had no proof the garage did it.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Oh well its probably a common problem. Ill get it pushed out and filled and get the roof painted. Half my cars gonna be done nearly I think. Damn picky lol.

I PROBABLY HAVENT READ ALL THE TEXT ABOVE, BUT A ROLL CAGE AND FRONT AND REAR STRUT BRACES STOPS IT. DONT BUY THE PONSEY DECORATIVE CAGES, BUT A PROPER ONE, WITH DOOR BARS IF YOURE SERIOUS. (THESE CAN BE FITTED LOW DOWN SO AS NOT TO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IN)ITS ALSO QUITE EASY TO TIE THE REAR CAGE TO THE REAR STRUT BRACE. MAKE SURE YOUR FILLINGS ARE WELL ATTACHED THOUGH...
SAFETY DEVICES OR DEMON TWEEKS IS YOUR NEXT STOP.
YOU COULD ALWAYS WELD CLOSED THE SUNROOF....
PAUL

I got them too! Never been in any form of crash, and the car shows no damage from previous owners. Is it worth fixing them or will they just come back?

Cheers, Simon

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah I just found out Ive got one on the drivers side. Thats a strut brace and track driving for you...

Plan A is to weld over the sunroof. Ive been contemplating it for quite a while now

Clio 197

One good "yump" will crease the roof on most any car with a sunroof, even with a bolt-in cage. Been there done that...

Ed

right good news is my car was in a smack and they appeared but had the tracking done today and all the geometry re-set back up and its fine.. no chassis damage the dents are just sh*t renault design by the looks of it!