ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser oil supply

172 cup, Impreza P1
If the dephaser solenoid is disconnected, is there any oil still supplied to the dephaser?

I plan to remove the dephaser but don't want oil leakingalong the camshaft to the pulley.

​Cheers

172 cup, Impreza P1
Can you use this kit on standard 1*2 cams with no other mods?

Is it just the 1 cam seal I need then?

I was thinking about turning the length of the inlet cam to the same length as the exhaust cam and then welding up the 3 oil ways on the inlet cam to stop any oil coming through.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I need to ask, why? Surely all the effort will be worth nothing on standard profile?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if you want to run non-VVT, you need a non-VVT inlet cam. I've no idea why you'd want to do it though, it's so easy to control switching it at the right point, there's nothing but down-sides to removing it.

PH1 loads of boost!
if you want to run non-VVT, you need a non-VVT inlet cam. I've no idea why you'd want to do it though, it's so easy to control switching it at the right point, there's nothing but down-sides to removing it.

No you don't.

Cupman there is information elsewhere to tell you what a lot of others with F4RT have done ;)