ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser Pulled Apart!

Clio 182 & Cup Packs
Just had cambelt and auxbelt done... Tappy noise gone, thought I would ask for the old dephaser back to take a look .... Dismantled it none the wiser mind. but looking at my old one the inner ring looks like it should move ........

As this video shows..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dey5wFJLODM

Looking at the fit between the inner ring and outer ring, its very tight I would say mine was seized (im quite happy to be corrected :p ) And from what I found... If you dont want your dephaser to bugger up keep to frequent oil changes (just in case you didnt know) - i think mine has become seized due to minute debris finding its way in the to gap between the inner ring and the outer ring of the dephaser)

For me ... Lesson learnt ... Frequent oil changes are a must

Oh and to add .... A old 8mm socket and lump hammer works on the funny bolts should anyone want to dismantle theirs! :)