ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser starved of oil??

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
So....

Having changed the belts on my 182 around 6 weeks ago, I've very cleverly managed to let the engine run dry of oil, and not noticed till the bottom end started to tap at me.
Engine is still running but it's BLOODY noisy and obviously now in need of change!!!

My question is.....
How durable are the dephasers?? Can I take the one off the old block and put it on the replacement engine? It was bought new genuine Renault. How much do they get fed by the oil? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd see what opinions were on it??

I'll be taking the cam belt tensioner, water pump, drive belt kit and spark plugs over from the old block to the new, replacing the belt, hopefully clutch, and the oil seals and bits that were also replaced at the time of the cam belt change, but I need to keep costs to as low as possible....

Also, am I right in thinking that we can still get the similar discounts from Renault Wolverhampton but not through Adam? Just need to call them or something??