ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Designers help us please!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I am looking into getting some ClioSport postcards printed to use as flyers at car shows.

What I need however is some of you designers out there to come up with a good looking layout. The postcard has to include the text (or most of the text) from the flyer document (you can view this from the main page of the website). I was thinking of using a cool picture such as http://www.cliosport.net/wallpaper/ClioV6_3_1.jpg as a nice bit of eye-candy, and somehow blending it into the text. You dont have to use this picture though, but I think the v6 would be the most eye-catching pic we can use.

Any ideas welcome. The final image has to be 400dpi and 100mm x 154mm.

If someone comes up with a top design that we end up using they can bagsy themselves a few freebies (keyring, sticker).

Pls either mail direct to me jas@cliosport.net or post on here.

jas,

Id be happy to give it a go for you. Im a designer at a large printers here in Norwich.

i dont know where you plan to get your stuff printed at, but I may be able to get you some good prices at work if you let me know quantities. Also, dont know why the image had to be at 400dpi, 300dpi is plenty...

i checked out the V6 pic you mentioned, that particular file isnt hi-res enough. its only 72dpi and when scaled to the correct size, still doesnt quite hit 300dpi, so unless you have a larger/higher res image something else may be in order.

I can try to get hold of the PR department at renault to try to get some publicity shots of the V6 if you like. Dont have a phone number for reno though :-(

Also, do you have the cliosport logo as a vector eps file (from something like illustrator or freehand? even coreldraw will do at a push!).

I think, due to the relatively small size of the finished copy, it may be better to go for a full colour front and then the text on the back in black. You dont want to cram the front.

If your interested, let me know.

faceman

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Faceman, what price would it be for 500 printed and delivered postcards, full colour on one side and maybe just b+w on the reverse? Gloss finish as well.

You are right about the image, its not high res enough to print, and I dont have a number for Renault, although I will try to find one.

I have a ClioSport logo good enough for print, not sure its in any of those formats you want but it will be perfect at 300dpi.

Any other options other than postcards? Maybe normal flyers?

PBS: will email tomorrow, but I like what you did! Not high-res enough though, we need some better images.

Ill get a price for you tomorrow for 500. Ill also get run on prices in 500s (ie 500, 1000, 1,500 etc). thing with print is all the money goes towards making the printing plates and press-time, paper is relatively cheap, so it could be for a few extra quid youd get twice as many postcards.

Postcards will prob. be more cash than flyers, especially for a gloss finish.

For a gloss finish on card, you either have to have a one-sided card (ie gloss one side, matt the other - which i believe is quite expensive) or run a UV over the finished job, which also means another printing plate and another pass through the press and more make-ready time.

What may possibly be more economical (in pro, that is) is perhaps a 3-fold a4 leaflet, on a gloss paper.

Will post here tomorrow for prices when Ive had a chat with a sales guy.

Also, if you want a lot of designing doing, let me know and perhaps we can come up with a set of specs, with regard to typeface, logo limitations etc. That is, if you dont already have someone do this you. Dont wanna step on someone elses toes.

Cheers

face

Jas,

Kept the image size down to e-mail it to you.

As faceman said we will need some hires images to be able to produce the 300-400 dpi image at postcard size.

The file I e-mailed was just a quick rough.

PBS

Jas - I will ring Neil (V6) and ask him for the number for the guy from Renault who was at the Palmersport day to see what he can do with regard to official renault stuff if you like?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

If you could K that would be good. We really want a high-res image of the pic I posted above in the first message, thats a really nice shot.

Jas,

You said we could get a few freebies like keyrings....

...does that mean you actually now have CS keyrings available?

If so where can i buy! lol

Jas,

Spoke a sales guy this morning and he has given me a sample, printed 4 colour one side, black on reverse, on a 300gsm Soveriegn Silk stock. It has had a UV varnish over the picture and it looks real nice.

The cost for that job was about £460ish for 2,000. 500 wouldnt be all that much less, even if you went for a 250gsm stock.

Might be more economical for flyers of some kind.

If you want, i can post the sample to you, and you could have a look.

One thing I did think of, but am not sure of the copyright issues, what about if you printed a set of postcards, taken from reno publicity stills, and sell them to members to raise funds? If you were to print 2,000 cards, it would cost the same to print all 1 type, or to print 500 sets of 4 cards, if you get me?

Let me know what you want me to do.

face

ps it could be worthprinting the job digitally, quality is not quite as good as litho (proper printing), but it is no way a poor second. because there a no plates or make-ready times the cost is often less. just a thought.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Mav, we will hopefully be ordering the keyrings next week, so whoever is lucky enough to get a free one will be getting the first one we get in!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

face, thats well out of our pricerange. Ive been quoted £100 for 500 postcards (I assume these will be laser printed then). I cant buy any more than 500 because the text will need to be changed at least once a year.

If you dont mind perhaps you can view and check the final artwork and let us know itll print ok?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Thanks to everyone for helping me with this. I dont need any more designs now.

Ill be posting in a few days who gets the goodies, along with the design in case anyone is interested!

Jas,

The reason that it is cheap may be because your are being printed up on a sheet with say 19 other peoples postcards. That way, the plate costs and make-ready times are split between a greater number of people.

If you can get the finished artwork to me, ill try to give it a once over. The only thing is, and I dont mean to offend anyone here, is that I only have access to proper deisgn software like quark, indesign, illustrator, photoshop etc, so if it is in something like serif page plus, microsoft word or microsoft publisher i wont be able to check it for you. other than that I ll be happy to offer any advice you need.

Cheers

Face