ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Desk/Office Chair

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Putting this in Technology Chat because it will be used to sit at a computer all day.

I've currently got a basic one from Viking like this:

3398174?$lg$.jpg

It does the job, but it's far from comfortable over long periods.

I fancy an upgrade but don't want to spend more than about £80, would go to £100 if there's something of real quality.

There's some on amazon that are relatively cheap, and look the part, but I know you get what you pay for: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A3BZ8VW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Any recommendations?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My advice would be to spend as much as possible.

My chair cost £800 (Knoll Life Chair), you can't put a price on posture.

Saying that I work from home so use mine 8+ hours a day. It's also 5 years old and still good as new.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Ha well a chair is only ever a chair.

Makes me laugh though, people will happily drop 1k+ on a set of seats for a car or on a sofa, but will spend a fraction on an office chair which will more than likely be used more.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love a HM Aeron or something really expensive, but it's just not plausible. I don't spend loads of time sat at the desk, maybe a 3-4 hour stint once or twice a fortnight with an hour here and there in between.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'd love a HM Aeron or something really expensive, but it's just not plausible. I don't spend loads of time sat at the desk, maybe a 3-4 hour stint once or twice a fortnight with an hour here and there in between.

That's fair enough mate.

Is there a staples near by?

I suggest you head over and try some out, what might feel comfortable to one person may be hated by the next.

i had a cheapo chair for £150 from ikea, gave me a bad back

invested in a Herman Miller Mira (new version of the aeron) and I feel like forest gump must have after he had his leg braces removed ;)