ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

desperate help needed engine problem

cliosport 172
Afternoon all new to the forum today and just doing my first post with a question for any of the clio experts out there .

Basically what happens is you put your foot down in first and everything is fine till you hit about 5000 revs then it sound like the engine is blowing and knocking directl under the gear stick , change gear the same happens at about 4000 revs upwards through every gear .

Its a 172 but the engine blew at about 22000 miles so bought a new 182 engine and stuck it in which has now done about 13000 miles . Its been working fine apart from this .

Anyone got any ideas as the garage had a quick look but said it doesnt look like any of the engine mounts .

Please please help as this car is seriously anoying me now .

Thanks

cliosport 172
Cheers , the car goes in friday so will let them know what people think it could be as guy that runs the place is a bit slow , althought the mechanics are good thank god .

If its the bogbone wat sought of price are we looking at for price ?

Also just realised i didnt put on that when i am accelerating it feels like im wheel spinning as it knocks a bit like the driveshaft is loose , i dont think it is though as it does'nt knock going round corners .

Anyway any help would be appreciated .

Alex

Cheers , the car goes in friday so will let them know what people think it could be as guy that runs the place is a bit slow , althought the mechanics are good thank god .

If its the bogbone wat sought of price are we looking at for price ?

Also just realised i didnt put on that when i am accelerating it feels like im wheel spinning as it knocks a bit like the driveshaft is loose , i dont think it is though as it does'nt knock going round corners .

Anyway any help would be appreciated .

Alex

£35 or so for the mount about 10 minutes to fit.

Sounds like its your which has worn they are common to wear. also check the top mount. see the mount rubbers are centered.

cliosport 172
I just read somewhere else that the exhaust manifold is different on the 172 and 182 , the garage that did the swap in my engine from a 172 to the 182 didnt change the exhaust from what i can gather . Does the exhaust just simply not fit or could this be the problem that they have fitted the original and now when i put my foot down it sounds like its blowing .

Also is there anyway of telling apart a 172 and 182 engine just by looking at the engine bay as i want to confirm which one i have as the garage put it in for me and i got the engine from a brakers and they said it would all fit right in .

Sorry for the long messages guys .

I just read somewhere else that the exhaust manifold is different on the 172 and 182 , the garage that did the swap in my engine from a 172 to the 182 didnt change the exhaust from what i can gather . Does the exhaust just simply not fit or could this be the problem that they have fitted the original and now when i put my foot down it sounds like its blowing .

Also is there anyway of telling apart a 172 and 182 engine just by looking at the engine bay as i want to confirm which one i have as the garage put it in for me and i got the engine from a brakers and they said it would all fit right in .

172 and 182 engines only differ with codes the only bit which actually makes any difference is the 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and you cannot use a 172 exjaust with a 182 manifold unless you made a cat up to fit.

172 use the f4r 736 engine codes the 182 err i forget. Its on a metal plate down by the oil filter at the front of the engine bit of a pain to see but since there no differences in fit etc there no issue.

If they've used the 172 manifold there no issue maybe they din't do the bolts up etc though.