ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok cool, don't think you're on my list - Brando M83 is my tag
Yeah, I added you the other day :)

I need to focus on my Hunter I guess, it's level 26, so need to get it Crota ready, otherwise I'll never manage to gear up, unless I can get in more than once a week, it would seem!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I did the crota raid last night with 2 friends (level 31 and 32, I'm still 29) and we couldn't kill him at the end. Pretty tough going but once I've upgraded hard light I should find it easier. Really want that exotic rocket launcher!

Mito Sportiva 135
Liam - to down Crota you really need to use a rocket launcher not a primary auto rifle! You won't do enough damage per second (DPS) that way - even at level 32. Best ones in the game are Gjallahorn (exotic, probably most OP gun in the game), Hunger of Crota (legendary, which ironically you only get after killing Crota on normal, or have a chance at winning anyway) and any other legendary which has tracking and clusters.

Having said that, if your friends are good and have the right weapons, you can 2 man Crota on normal (think some people can even solo him, not me though! I'm not that good)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Liam - to down Crota you really need to use a rocket launcher not a primary auto rifle! You won't do enough damage per second (DPS) that way - even at level 32. Best ones in the game are Gjallahorn (exotic, probably most OP gun in the game), Hunger of Crota (legendary, which ironically you only get after killing Crota on normal, or have a chance at winning anyway) and any other legendary which has tracking and clusters.

Having said that, if your friends are good and have the right weapons, you can 2 man Crota on normal (think some people can even solo him, not me though! I'm not that good)
Crota drops loot? Based on my run on Tuesday, you could've fooled me!

Mito Sportiva 135
Sometimes he does, usually stuff you don't want/need. Better than Atheon though, who just gives me sparrows/ships EVERY TIME!!!

We did Vault of Glass on Hard twice last night from the Oracle checkpoint, got a lot of ascendant energy so that was good, plus a third Fatebringer. The Praetarian Foil fusion rifle is the only raid weapon I am missing, it never drops for me!

Now just levelling up what I can ahead of HoW - exotics take ages though so probably only get 1 done a week. Hoping Xur has Thunderlord tomorrow but doubt he will :(

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Sometimes he does, usually stuff you don't want/need. Better than Atheon though, who just gives me sparrows/ships EVERY TIME!!!

We did Vault of Glass on Hard twice last night from the Oracle checkpoint, got a lot of ascendant energy so that was good, plus a third Fatebringer. The Praetarian Foil fusion rifle is the only raid weapon I am missing, it never drops for me!

Now just levelling up what I can ahead of HoW - exotics take ages though so probably only get 1 done a week. Hoping Xur has Thunderlord tomorrow but doubt he will 😧
Yeah, I need to try and run more raids, I haven't got any of the better exotic weapons (Icebreaker, Gjallahorn etc) and need some armour to hit 32. I'm on holiday from today so will smash it every day!

Thunderlord is awesome. Getting a little bored now. Just working my third character up to total 600 Vanguard Marks for buying DLC gear.

Mito Sportiva 135
You would think I would be, at 700 hours...but no, still loving it and really excited for both Trials of Osiris and Prison of Elders. Not to mention a Fatebringer with 365 damage!

Mito Sportiva 135
I should be on later, if not certainly tomorrow. I have every other exotic except Thunderlord. I probably won't use it much but trying to complete my collection

GTD, Lupo
The only thing I need to do for HoW now is a fatebringer. It just won't drop for me. One last Templar cp to do tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

Plus I have lost my mojo and can't seem to win in the crucible anymore. Hopefully I will find both before the 19th.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing I need to do for HoW now is a fatebringer. It just won't drop for me. One last Templar cp to do tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

Plus I have lost my mojo and can't seem to win in the crucible anymore. Hopefully I will find both before the 19th.
Fatebringer is one of the few things that has dropped for me!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I wish it would for me! I have 42 exotic shards now from breaking down duplicate exotics but no fatebringer!
Unlucky! I want Icebreaker now, I need a decent sniper rifle :( I haven't done Nightfall this week, I might get lucky in there...

Mito Sportiva 135
Icebreaker is awesome. Along with Gjalahorn, it's the best gun in the game I think - I don't really bother with duplicates normally but I have 3 of these (plus 3 Fatebringers - sorry lads!)

Will do Atheon again next week as several of us have run out of ascendant energy so might be a space then...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Icebreaker is awesome. Along with Gjalahorn, it's the best gun in the game I think - I don't really bother with duplicates normally but I have 3 of these (plus 3 Fatebringers - sorry lads!)

Will do Atheon again next week as several of us have run out of ascendant energy so might be a space then...
Cool, let me know, I'm always up for a run, can do late ones this week now as I'm on holiday!

GTD, Lupo
Xur 8th May 2015

Exotic Gear

Ruin Wings [Titan Gauntlets] [95 Strength] [13 SC]
ATS/8 ARACHNID [Hunter Helmet] [57 Discipline] [13 SC]
Obsidian Mind [Warlock Helmet] [65 Intellect] [13 SC]
Thunderlord [Machine Gun] [17 SC]
Exotic Shard [Material] [7 SC]
Exotic Engram [Helmet Engram] [23 MoL]

Curios

Pulse Rifle Telemetry [Consumable] [1 SC]
Fusion Rifle Telemetry [Consumable] [1 SC]
Rocket Launcher Telemetry [Consumable] [1 SC]
Plasma Drive [Vehicle Upgrade] [23 SC]
"Emerald Coil" [Vehicle Upgrade] [23 SC]
Heavy Ammo Synthesis [Consumable] [1 SC]

Exotic Upgrades

Mask of the Third Man [Hunter Helmet] [118 Intellect] [7207 G]
Lucky Raspberry [Hunter Chest Armor] [156 Intellect] [7393 G]
An Insurmountable Skullfort [Titan Helmet] [109 Discipline] [7283 G]
Crest of Alpha Lupi [Titan Chest Armor] [136 Intellect] [7547 G]
Skull of Dire Ahamkara [Warlock Helmet] [86 Intellect] [7907 G]
Apotheosis Veil [Warlock Helmet] [106 Discipline] [7013 G]
Bad Juju [Pulse Rifle] [7019 G]
Thorn [Hand Cannon] [7673 G]
Plan C [Fusion Rifle] [7187 G]
Ice Breaker [Sniper Rifle] [7477 G]
Gjallarhorn [Rocket Launcher] [7933 G]
Truth [Rocket Launcher] [7039 G]

GTD, Lupo
I will be on but have done all the above so might give it a miss. Msg me if you need a hand and I will happily pop on and run.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Are the rumours true, does Xur have Thunderlord this week???
Have you managed to get Thunderlord?

Gonna have a look at DestinyLFG tonight, see if I can find a Crota run or something, the Mrs is at work for a few hours later on so I have some time to myself. Anyone else around?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Xbox or PS4?

If it's the Xbox get online and add me, marcjp, gorms.
JP, you gonna be on tomorrow? If so, fancy grabbing one more person and blasting through the Weekly Nightfall? I've managed to get my Hunter to level 29, so could probably drag him through it :)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
JP, you gonna be on tomorrow? If so, fancy grabbing one more person and blasting through the Weekly Nightfall? I've managed to get my Hunter to level 29, so could probably drag him through it :)

Yeah, should be about dude. I assume you did it as your warlock the other night?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get this game... just started playing it again (and quite enjoying it) and finally got my first piece of Legendary gear at level 25. I'm not really into PvP (don't have enough time to practice to get good at it in all honesty) so not sure if that's hampering my levelling-up route or not. I don't even know what the Strange Coins are for, shards, etc, etc. Perhaps I should read into it a bit more. LOL!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't get this game... just started playing it again (and quite enjoying it) and finally got my first piece of Legendary gear at level 25. I'm not really into PvP (don't have enough time to practice to get good at it in all honesty) so not sure if that's hampering my levelling-up route or not. I don't even know what the Strange Coins are for, shards, etc, etc. Perhaps I should read into it a bit more. LOL!

It doesn't hamper you a huge amount not playing it, but you get "marks" (or points) for playing crucible, as you do with Vanguard (storymode).
These points can then be put to buying legendary gear.
Strange coins - keep for Xur who visits the tower from 9am Friday to 9am Sunday. You'll need 23 to buy an exotic weapon or piece of armour from him.

The exotic shards, you'll need to do the final bit of levelling up on your exotic gear.
The stuff you collect on various planets (spirit bloom, spinmetal, etc), you'll need to upgrade your gear too.

@Cub. If you log into Bungie.net you can see your character info. I tried to see yours, but I don't think I'm following you on Xbox Live, so couldn't.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't worry, I don't play PvP either and get on alright!

Mito Sportiva 135
I only played PVP to finish my exotic bounties - will go back in for Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner though (assuming it comes back, hopefully, as I never bothered getting the armour from it)