ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destroyed by a ibiza cupra R

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hellfire - some really good comments there, m8. :approve:

I like both the Fabia vRS and the Ibiza Cupra R in the respect that they have plenty of go for not much money. Plus there's the tuning side to them as well.

Decent mpg there too - you jammy sod. Mine flatly refuse to go above 32mpg now on the daily commute!

D.

my old mans got an leon cupra r 225, had it revo'd to 280bhp, i can keep sum were near him until about 100mph then i get left, but thru the corners he has no chance, very tunable motors

Darren S said:
Hellfire - some really good comments there, m8. :approve:

I like both the Fabia vRS and the Ibiza Cupra R in the respect that they have plenty of go for not much money. Plus there's the tuning side to them as well.

Decent mpg there too - you jammy sod. Mine flatly refuse to go above 32mpg now on the daily commute!

D.

If I were going for outright handling and power & looks I suppose then I would go for the Ibiza Cupra PD160 as it is very economical and quick, and is very tuneable.

It has a larger VNT17 turbo, and a Front Mounted Intercooler (huge) which is very important for remapped TDI's and Turbo petrols for that matter. It also has a good suspension setup. Tuning is made very easily on the PD160 and I would expect 210 bhp realistically from a remap alone.

The vRS on the other hand only has a VNT15/16 (cant remember!) turbo and a smaller Side Mounted Intercooler, it has a nice compromise between ride comfort and sports suspension, but it isn't going to be anything like a Cliosport or the Cupra for that matter. The vRS has it's own abilities however, 5 doors and a bigger boot. It also looks nicer on the inside and has more of a VW quality feel. It is nearly £2k cheaper and has cheaper insurance (group 9 as opposed to the Cupra's group 15/16) and only costs £115 per year tax. It is also slightly more economical. The vRS will remap to 195 bhp, however most tuners agree that optimistic rolling road results make the figure look more flattering than it actually is. 180 bhp is a more realistic figure. On warm days (25 degrees C +) the vRS will suffer when remapped as it's small Intercooler can't keep the temperatures down. With a few modifications though (£15) you can reduce the temperature by as much as 10 degrees C which helps a lot! (Dont get me wrong it doesn't loose too much pace, but certainly about 5-10 bhp).

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i drove an ibiza cupra R mk III before i got the clio .. as was going to get one.
was chipped n zorsted at starperformance, was doing 6s to 60. only running about 210 bhp.
was rapid.
but of course the clio won over me with the handling.

Bumblebee
Ali I think I know the car from stayin in Scumdee, was sittin about 230 bhp when i remember it. running low 14's 1/4 mile

insignia
My mate got a fabia vrs,remapped by angel tuning for £395.00 and now has an estimated 190bhp. Its quicker than my clio 172. In day to day driving compared to my clio it is amazing. As when your cruising in 4th gear at 30 mph,the car is in its prime if you fancy going fast-put your foot down and you dont know whats hit you-shoving your back in the seat,the torque just makes it so much quicker in day to day driving,point and squirt is the game.And when your a passenger it feels even more quicker. Plus your doing 50mpg, paying less insurance....I must get me a new car.

The Clio is better in the twisties,and you cant beat thrashing the 2.0 clio upto the redline,something that I will alwayz miss when I change to VAG soon!

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
ha ha i was sat on 120 in my cup eating the tarmac on the m4 towards swansea on my way home from clubbing one sunday morning. had the shock of my life when a golf r32 went past me as if i had stopped! knew hed eat me just didnt expect it to look so god damned easy

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Before my 182 I had a Ibiza 160 TDI, a Leon 150 TDI and a Clio Mk1 172.
The Clio 172 was my first. I sold it and bought a 150 TDI chipped upto 198.
Quick, but I missed the higher revs. I sold it and bought a 160 TDI Ibiza, tuned upto 212 hp. Very quick, but when it rains it will cost you lots of time taking of. Wheels are spinning like hell and the car doesn't feel that safe. I sold it and bought a 182 with RSport Ecu and Orbisoud track exhaust. I still prefer the Renault Sport above the Seat TDI's. Although I'm considering of buying a new Golf V 2.0 TDI 170hp. Does 0-60 in about 7.3 secs

Why has this thready talking about a 1.8T turned into pish about TDi's? Anyway since we are talking about TDi's I raced a Ibiza Cupra TDI 160 (chipped) in my Cup and ripped it to bits, round a corner then down a mile straight. A chipped TDi Golf/Bora/VRS/Ibiza is not fast in the grand scheme of things.

VaVa
Yes but your Cup is one of the quickest around Neil. I think that when they built your car the workers had turned up for work on a Wednesday morning, were bought breakfast by thier gaffer and were all given a payrise. And then they went and built your Cup.

My 172 on the other hand was built on Friday afternoon after the Thursday night piss up following the news that the payrise had been revoked. lol.

Because mine struggles with Mondeo TDci's lol.

Nissan 350Z
lagerlout1 said:
Because mine struggles with Mondeo TDci's lol.

There must be something wrong with it then, because if I drive mine with intent, I absolutely muller a Mondeo TDCI and pretty much any standard VAG TDI.

Its only the chipped ones I have any trouble with and even then they are no faster (i can usually tell the chipped ones because of the smokescreen they create behind them).